Stupid Phrases

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Is Diana Ross allowed to reach out, as long as she touches someone’s hand?

I guess so, so long as she washes them before and after.

I certainly wouldn't be after telling the venerable ms Ross, what she can, and can't do :blush:

Lozz360

Veteran
Fire it at someone love plums and the pain alone could be sufficient to bring about cardiac arrest.
So could shouting boo! at someone with a nervous disposition.

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
Umm yeah, I've heard that one before too, is not bad .

But tbh it doesn't have quite the same 'belt it out at full volume, as you go about the chores' quality as The Four Tops version...
I have to agree, Mudsticks. Here's an especially good version of the Four Tops doing Reach Out from 1967 in HD somehow. Enjoy. Thank you, YouTube.

View: https://youtu.be/2EaflX0MWRo
:bravo:

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Another one gets me...

"And Manchester United have the momentum this season..."

No, they won the last 2 games. And they keep winning until they no longer win. It is not momentum.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Another one gets me...

"And Manchester United have the momentum this season..."

No, they won the last 2 games. And they keep winning until they no longer win. It is not momentum.
That's because of Ronaldo making his second debut :hyper:

Alex321

Veteran
Downward Pressure (in the Rugby TMO sense)

How the hell can you measure this visually ?
You don't need to measure it, you just need to judge whether there is any. Which basically means if only one hand is touching it, then that hand is in contact with any of the upper half of the ball at the point it touches the ground. If it is clearly grasped in both hands, you can get downward pressue no matter where on the ball they are.

Top Bottom