Stupid Phrases

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I agree it makes men sound like some kind of uncivilised knuckle draggers..:sad:
Nothing wrong with spending a few hours a week dragging one's knuckles.

In reality, most "cave" owners might be doing something useful down there. It's just acknoledging the cliché to call it a man cave. A bit of self-deprecation, if you like - where's the harm?? A bit like women talking about pampering, I guess.

... playing hamster gallery ....
And that was "Man Cave" playing Hamster Gallery ... they'll be back in session next week ...
1634223248990.png

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Nothing wrong with spending a few hours a week dragging one's knuckles.

In reality, most "cave" owners might be doing something useful down there. It's just acknoledging the cliché to call it a man cave. A bit of self-deprecation, if you like - where's the harm?? A bit like women talking about pampering, I guess.

Yes I do know really.

Especially given that I probs do more trad cave like activities, in various venues, than much in the way of 'pampering'

Although I've just been asked to make a short film , so I guess I should at least wash my face, and evict some of the straw from my hair...:hello:

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Near miss.

No, its a miss. A near miss would be a hit.

In a similar vein - that's just about right.

jay clock

Massive member
"treacherous conditions on the roads". treacherous means it will betray you, ie that it looks ok but is actually dangerous

so thick snow or ice is not treacherous as it is clearly dangerous. Black ice is treacherous though

rant over

Top Bottom