Stupid things we all must have done

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Not bike related but what kind of bozo would drain the oil in their car, refill with brand new oil....then wonder what the blazes is that puddle appearing at their feet !!!!!

No sir, not me :whistle::blush:

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Not bike related but what kind of bozo would drain the oil in their car, refill with brand new oil....then wonder what the blazes is that puddle appearing at their feet !!!!!

No sir, both me :whistle::blush:
When I worked in a garage we had a new 'lad' start, he was told to refill a car engine with oil.......................he got nearly 6 gallons in.

Frew

I have done many daft things, so I'll just choose one at random! I rode over a broken bottle, and rather than stop to check my tyres for embedded glass I decided to carry on and hold my gloved hand against the front tyre to wipe off any nasties that might be there. Unfortunately, I chose to place my hand on the tyre behind the forks, rather then in front of the brake calliper ... :eek:

I once caught my right hand between the wheel and fork when trying to scrape debris off my front wheel when riding. Hint: If you must try this, put your hand in front of the brake, NOT behind the fork! :whistle:

Didn't you learn the first time?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member

I overfilled during an oil change so I decided to undo the plug and drain the excess into a 1/2 litre bowl I found in the kitchen. Have you ever tried to do up a sump plug with hot slippery oil running over your hand and along your arm while trying to prevent nearly five litres of GTX gushing into a container that holds just a tenth of that amount?

Don't :sad:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Didn't you learn the first time?
Ha ha - well spotted ... I have a memory like a sieve in terms of posting, but not in terms of jamming hands into forks! :laugh:

Mr Celine

Discordian

Probably the sort of idiot who would drive his car on to a pair of ramps, drain the oil carefully into an old 5 litre paint can, replace the filter and refill the car without spilling a drop. Then after congratulating himself on a job well done, gets into the car, rolls it back down the ramp neatly knocking over the can of old oil in the process.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Looked behind once when I was out riding to give a cheery wave to someone I knew. Next thing I knew, I'd crashed into a bollard in front of several amused pedestrians. That one hurt.

Probably the most stupid thing I ever did outside of cycling was to pick up my electric razor to shave straight after brushing my teeth. Forgot I had picked up my razor and thought I was still brushing my teeth. Opened my mouth nice and wide and shaved my teeth and my lips. Got away with that one fairly lightly considering. In fairness I was half-asleep at the time.

Looked behind once when I was out riding to give a cheery wave to someone I knew. Next thing I knew, I'd crashed into a bollard in front of several amused pedestrians. That one hurt.

Probably the most stupid thing I ever did outside of cycling was to pick up my electric razor to shave straight after brushing my teeth. Forgot I had picked up my razor and thought I was still brushing my teeth. Opened my mouth nice and wide and shaved my teeth and my lips. Got away with that one fairly lightly considering. In fairness I was half-asleep at the time.

Permission to say Farkin' Hell ?

FARKIN' HELL!!!! :ohmy:

^_^

Alan O

Über Member
I've connected bike things up in all sorts of wrong ways over the years, but possibly the silliest was putting new brake blocks on the wrong way round - you know the kind where the blocks slide into shoes. Of course, the first time I braked they popped out and dropped on the ground.

I don't use blocks like that any more, so at least I can't do that one again.

Alan O

Über Member
I fitted a couple of bedroom lights for my sister at the weekend. I asked her to turn the old lights on and then I would turn them off at the circuit breaker board. She asked why - the circuit breakers on the board are labelled and one label says 'upstairs lighting'. I said that I don't trust other people's labels and wanted to make sure that I was switching the right circuit off!
In a house I used to live, I found one socket in the kitchen (downstairs) that was connected to the upstairs ring. I was replacing it with a double at the time, so I was glad I always check such things rather than making any assumptions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom