Stupid things we all must have done

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MiK1138

Veteran
Had some new shifters fitted last week, New Brake Cables new Gear Cables all fitted, took the bike out for a tweak run got everything hunky dory. couple of days later i noticed my rear break was sticking, caliper was a bit mucky so got the wifes toothbrush gave the caliper a good clean, still sticking, i noticed when i pulled the cable on the top tube the brake worked fine but when i pulled the brake lever it stuck, FEK frayed cable thought I. went to remove my lights to strip down the bars when i noticed the light bracket was clamoing the brake cable took the light off, brake worked perfectly. lesson learned : Pay attention when putting your lights back on

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Nope never done that before

OP
OP
MiK1138

MiK1138

Veteran
Just me then! was speaking to the guy who had fitted the shifters a couple of days later and needless to say he laughed and called me a D*ck

screenman

Legendary Member
Two canoes on the v bars on top of the car, when I stopped the car at a roundabout a mile from home the canoes became airborne, guess who forgot the straps. 35 years on and I can still see the face of the driver of the bus they went in front of.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Who (after a number of years without a bike) would be stupid enough to fit new wheels to a bike they were building and forget that wheels require rim tapes? (The extremely loud bang after a couple miles might jog the memory very effectively)

screenman

Legendary Member
Went canoeing in the sea on January 21st 1980, the same day a large shipped got smashed up the beach in Brighton, way to stupid a thing to do.

tyred

Legendary Member
While refurbishing my Raleigh Trent, tired and suffering from a bad cold and not in the best of form, I built the bottom bracket with the spindle in the wrong way round and sat wondering why the chainwheel was rubbing the chainstay when it had been fine before I took it apart....DOH!

Top Bottom