Stupid undertake this morning...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
redjedi said:
I had my first experience of an undertake this this morning.

I was approaching a roundabout, so I signal right and moved into the right hand lane. When I get to the roundabout, I stop in primary as there are cars entering it from the right.
As I'm waiting an old Honda pulls up, with diy tinted windows, on my left. I look as I'm not sure which lane he's supposed to be in. (there are only 2 lanes, one for left, one for right). I tried to make eye contact, but I couldn't even see the driver through his tint.
As I pull away, I knew to watch out for him, but as I had accelerated faster than him, I hoped he would pull in behind me and wait until I had cleared the RDBT.

Did he f*%$. The next thing I see is his car about 5 inches from my right handlebar, and not going any faster than me. Luckily I had predicted he would do something stupid, as I normally just sweep through to the cycle lane on the other side, and I slowed a little to let him undertake me. All the time I was trying to give him a stare, while trying to stop my momentum from taking me into the side of his car.

I caught up with him a few meters further down at the next RDBT, and I was all ready to have a go at him, but he pulled away before I stopped.

In hindsight it was probably good that I didn't catch up with him, as I thought about what type of person would be driving an old honda with DIY tints, in west london. Perhaps not the type of person I would want to have an argument with.

I don't normally get worked up about things like this, I'm as laid back as they come, but this was the first time I was prepared to confront a driver.

Saw a program a few weeks back where the cops were stopping cars with heavily tinted window, apparently there supposed to let x% of light through. Most times they just warn drivers but one case they showed the person had to remove the tint (stuck on) on the spot.

redjedi

Über Member
I felt like removing it for him

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
HLaB said:
Saw a program a few weeks back where the cops were stopping cars with heavily tinted window, apparently there supposed to let x% of light through. Most times they just warn drivers but one case they showed the person had to remove the tint (stuck on) on the spot.

And its not a new rule. I was made aware of it about 15 years ago, by the shop where I bought some from

Top Bottom