Stuttgart Airport - Bike box storage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajay

Veteran
Hi, does anyone have any suggestions for where to store 2 hard case bike boxes at or near Stuttgart airport?
(Going by the info on the airport website their lockers would be too small).
We have used the CTC poly bags before, but this time we're camping, so I'd feel more comfortable using the boxes. Any ideas?

jay clock

Massive member
Best bet would to find a Warmshowers host as near as possible to the airport and email them a nice request to look after them, or recommend someone who could. Or a bike shop?

OP
OP
Ajay

Ajay

Veteran
try this shop. Less than 1km from the airport. http://www.rad-kraftwerk.de send a nicely worded email using Google translate, and tell them if they can help you then you will bring some English beer.
Thanks Jay, good spot, the more I think about it I'm swaying back to using the poly bags. I guess if I pack things well the camping kit should serve as good protection for the bikes.:smile:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Why not compromise and use cardboard bike boxes from the LBS and beg some from the LBS near to the airport at Stuttgart?

You can pack some of your camping gear in the box with the bike.

It worked perfectly for my transatlantic flights. What was even more impressive was that I packed a 15" balsa hand launched glider for my return flights and, against expectations, it was unscathed. I don't know what Homeland Security made of it in the USA when they inspected the contents of the box prior to loading it on the aircraft.

Top Bottom