Subscription Brompton Scheme to launch.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulRoberts

The bikes are separate from the hire fleet, when returned they are collected by an engineer and get a full service.
Now on my 3rd bike, no2 the front wheel allen nut came off in the middle of the road ripping the dynamo connections off leaving the wheel sitting in the forks, found half of it but not the allen nut and cover. anyway they have swapped the bike, took a few days to get a bike sent out though.

One main niggle is the pentaclip is secured with a security bolt so you can't adjust the saddle. (it might have some electronics added for the docks bike detection)

and I think I'd prefer a 6spd rather than a 3spd, there is a 60ft climb alongside Peckham Rye.

Kell

Veteran
When I had a hire Brompton they used TX bolts instead of the usual Allen/hex bolts.

Enough to deter most people from fiddling, but TX adapters aren't hard to come by.

From memory I think they were just normal TX rather than TX pin bolts, but I may be mistaken.

PaulRoberts

When I had a hire Brompton they used TX bolts instead of the usual Allen/hex bolts.

Enough to deter most people from fiddling, but TX adapters aren't hard to come by.

From memory I think they were just normal TX rather than TX pin bolts, but I may be mistaken.
they are standard hex fittings for the dynamo hub wheel.
https://brilliantbikes.co.uk/brompt...465-brompton-xl-front-hub-axle-fasteners.html

if I could have found the hex nut I could have put it back on with a regular cycle tool.

PaulRoberts

it's also gone up to £45/60 a month and they deliver the bike. (not been offered that on my £30 a month plan.)

Kell

Veteran
it's a pin in the middle of the bolt on the pentaclip.

So then one of these would help, as I mentioned originally (:tongue:)... (if it's a Torx head), if it's hex, then you can get the same thing for those.

As I say, I know the one I hired discouraged you from adjusting it, but it's easy to buy the correct tools online.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/37114128...oYriEEaLvOaB7nxkXmi7NAzmPBvhJhjRoCOeIQAvD_BwE

s-l1600.jpg

Top Bottom