Subuteo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

How cool was/is that game!... I have an Italia 90 version and some spare bits like the floodlights, fence, other teams etc which I bought for my son 3 years before he was born:rolleyes::evil::biggrin:

and do you let him play with it yet?

stevenb

I had a set and the Astropitch glued onto a board. I threw the astropitch away....crazy...as thesedays they fetch about £30 2nd hand even with nail holes around the edges.....

I had one team which was worth £30 on it's own (Celtic) but sold the set for just over £70 on ebay.....they really fetch top dollars...especially complete LTD Edition boxed sets such as Italia '90!!!!
Keep it safe BTFB.:evil:

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I challenge you to a match!

(But only cos I want to come round and play with the floodlights, I never got those!)

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

I didnt know the Italia 90 version was worth anything...ours is ...erm...'well used':biggrin:...

...back in the 70's I had a set as well...just a pitch and a red and blue team with a brown ball

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

The floodlights are cool, but not bright enough to play under them alone...you still need to have a room light on. I have the score board as well, where you have to cut out the black cardboard names etc....all od my goalies are held together with tape, blue tac and superglue!

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I had (or still have, somewhere) a cloth pitch, some kind of goal upgrade, a mini FA Cup, that scoreboard, and some side fencing.....

I only ever brought West Ham as an additional team, so it was just them and the random blue and red teams that came with the set.

I did used to enjoy the scoreboard though, cutting out all the names and mounting them was cool.

However, as an only child, my games were never any good, as they were only ever played against myself or my mum!

I did have a kind of subbuteo cricket game which was good though, the bowler had a kind of guttering ramp, ball bearings for balls, little fielders, everything. Used to amass big centuries against my mum!

Noodley

Oh I'm sure there is a set still in my parents' attic. I'll have look next time I've a few hours to spare.

I remember having floodlights, grandstand, scoreboard, TV cameras, and dugouts. I had quite a few teams - I remember the small sticky numbers (tiny they were!) that you could stick on the back of the shirts. Must have been late 70s/early 80s. I bet there are still full teams still in their boxes (maybe a few with broken arms but players were hard back then :evil:)

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
We had a league going when I was at school, we once bunked off for a whole week and went round a mates whose parents were at work and held a cup tournament. I got to the final against my best mate, lost 2-1 and we ended up having a fight over a disputed penalty and not talking for a week afterwards.

It is a fantastic game, but not the same anymore I believe as it has been turned into a basic set. You used to be able to get every one of the 92 league clubs, plus for the enthusiast smaller scale balls and goals that were much more realistic. Subbuteo also made rugby and even a snooker game at one point.

Happy days.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
The Undertones: My Perfect Cousin
he always beat me at Subbuteo
Cos he flicked a kick
And I didn't know...

Aaaah the memories!

Top Bottom