Success

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
In March I went for my half yearly blood test.Result not good.Result showed I am borderline diabetic.

I was referred to the NHS diabetic support group.Having not heard anything by the end of April I decided to do a little research ny self
About this time Mrs P enrolled with weight Watchers.My research showed the areas that put me in the danger zone,weight diet physical exercise

Weight 12st 1lb .Hight 5ft 10 so not obese
Physical exercise.Cycling. Aprox75 miles per week on three separate occasions
Diet and here I thought the problem may lay.

Out went processed foods chocolate digestives as snacks.Full English at Morrison’s on shopping day.Still have a home cooked breakfast consisting grilled lean bacon,scrambled egg mushrooms and tomatoes.Snacks are now fruit nuts.Post ride beans on whole grain toast or peanut butter on toast topped with Banana.

The biggest change is in my diet.I know follow Mrs P WW diet not as daunting as it may appear,as it is based on fresh cooked food.chicken fish occasionally red meat and salads The other change was to change physical activity slightly.Non cycling days I walk for an hour.The only thing I can’t change is my age 76.

Result no longer at risk,the changes were not major,and am enjoying the recapies from the Weight Watchers

cook book Age is another poblem eg late onset diabetes. Forgot to say my weight is now 11st 3lbs

Last edited:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Well done for making the changes to your lifestyle :notworthy:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
In March I went for my half yearly blood test.Result not good.Result showed I am borderline diabetic.

I was referred to the NHS diabetic support group.Having not heard anything by the end of April I decided to do a little research ny self
About this time Mrs P enrolled with weight Watchers.My research showed the areas that put me in the danger zone,weight diet physical exercise

Weight 12st 1lb .Hight 5ft 10 so not obese
Physical exercise.Cycling. Aprox75 miles per week on three separate occasions
Diet and here I thought the problem may lay.

Out went processed foods chocolate digestives as snacks.Full English at Morrison’s on shopping day.Still have a home cooked breakfast consisting grilled lean bacon,scrambled egg mushrooms and tomatoes.Snacks are now fruit nuts.Post ride beans on whole grain toast or peanut butter on toast topped with Banana.

The biggest change is in my diet.I know follow Mrs P WW diet not as daunting as it may appear,as it is based on fresh cooked food.chicken fish occasionally red meat and salads The other change was to change physical activity slightly.Non cycling days I walk for an hour.The only thing I can’t change is my age 76.

Result no longer at risk,the changes were not major,and am enjoying the recapies from the Weight Watchers
cook book Age is another poblem eg late onset diabetes.

Brilliant news - just goes to show that you can teach an 'old dog' new tricks.

OP
OP
pawl

pawl

Legendary Member
Thanks for all your congratulations

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You did well. My blood sugar yo yos a bit but if you cut out carbs and fat you should be OK. Oats are also good. Buy a blood sugar tester from Boots to check it regularly if you haven’t already.

postman

Legendary Member
Result showed I am borderline diabetic.

I was told this myself last month.So far i have had no chocolate.Walking as often as i can.Pulled the turbo out of the garage and do some each day.Loads of fruit has appeared in the house,and more greens.Got eleven months to go.I might fall off the health wagon at Christmas.

Top Bottom