Success

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSOh

Über Member
:bravo:

OP
OP
pawl

pawl

Legendary Member
I was told this myself last month.So far i have had no chocolate.Walking as often as i can.Pulled the turbo out of the garage and do some each day.Loads of fruit has appeared in the house,and more greens.Got eleven months to go.I might fall off the health wagon at Christmas.

Stick at it.I found that walking and the sensibil diet helped towards the weight loss.

Weight wasn’t really an issue inappropriate snacks was the main contributing facter to my iffy blood values.

OP
OP
pawl

pawl

Legendary Member
You did well. My blood sugar yo yos a bit but if you cut out carbs and fat you should be OK. Oats are also good. Buy a blood sugar tester from Boots to check it regularly if you haven’t already.

I had a finger prick test at Lloyd’s Pharmacy which showed my blood value as normal.I considered buying a blood tester.Spoke to one of the doctors about this.She said that the test will only record the levels at that particular time She suggested a blood test taken from a vein as this records what has happened blood sugar levels over a period of approx three months.Apparently red blood cells have a life span of three months this is all new to me.
I worked in the NHS for twenty four years. It looks as though methods of checking blood sugar levels have advanced somwhat

My blood sugar also yo yoed I have put this down to inappropriate snacks between meals.Now I will have a banana grapes or few Walnuts

One thing I will admit to is two ginger biscuits with my afternoon cuppa.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I had a finger prick test at Lloyd’s Pharmacy which showed my blood value as normal.I considered buying a blood tester.Spoke to one of the doctors about this.She said that the test will only record the levels at that particular time She suggested a blood test taken from a vein as this records what has happened blood sugar levels over a period of approx three months.Apparently red blood cells have a life span of three months this is all new to me. I worked in the NHS for twenty four years. It looks as though methods of checking blood sugar levels have advanced somwhat

My blood sugar also yo yoed I have put this down to inappropriate snacks between meals.Now I will have a banana grapes or few Walnuts

One thing I will admit to is two ginger biscuits with my afternoon cuppa.

Yep.

The plus side is the kit is very easy to use now, the blood sugar tester is an absolute doddle to use and based on tiny amounts of blood near the surface. This is contrast to the cholesterol kits in pharmacies some of which can be pretty difficult to use. Some of the patients with newer glucose testing machines that have used older models in the past absolutely love the newer ones.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You need to check it after you haven’t eaten for a while as that will reflect the true level so first thing in morning before breakfast is good.
You're lucky there are mechanisms for catching these things. There is a poor health service here and a lot of poverty, a lady I know failed to treat her type 1 and almost lost a leg!

Top Bottom