Sue another cyclist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Arch said:
That could work. (If you correct your typo of 'in' to 'on'..:smile:) Of course, I've quoted it now, so it's on record for ever...:blush:

How about Nutter on Bike (NOB) (or Numpty on Bike). Works on a couple of levels...:sad:

Cab

Arch said:
That could work. (If you correct your typo of 'in' to 'on'..:smile:) Of course, I've quoted it now, so it's on record for ever...:blush:

Ahh, yes, the typo, evidence that I don't proofread things prior to posting to cyclechat, and that I can't type for toffee :sad:

jashburnham

I must admit I'm getting increasingly worried about some cyclists' lack of road sense. Brought to a head on monday evening when a cyclist I was overtaking (him in the cyclelane, me in the road) suddenly swerved to his right, there was a heart in mouth moment as his pedal glanced off my spokes but luckily nothing got caught and we both managed to stay upright. The guy was very apologetic "sorry, I just didn't look", but if I was a car he could have been seriously injured. It did get me thinking though, if I had been injured/bike damaged, what can you do about it? So many of these bad cyclists ride cheapo bikes and prob don't care much for their upkeep or even realise that there are expensive bikes out there. If I was knocked off my best bike and it was damaged or I was hurt, what recourse would I have? Should road collisions that don't involve motor vehicles be reported to the police, would they care?

Cab

jashburnham said:
Should road collisions that don't involve motor vehicles be reported to the police, would they care?

They don't care when its a cyclist reporting being hit by a car, in my experience, so I doubt very much whether they'd care about bike-bike collisions.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Arch said:
That could work. (If you correct your typo of 'in' to 'on'..:blush:) Of course, I've quoted it now, so it's on record for ever...:sad: and I'm a big boyish girl, who likes wearing old mechanics underwear:evil:

Of course the quotation system isn't beyond deniability Arch:evil::smile:

Top Bottom