Suffolk Sojourn Recce Ride tomorrow - Thu 17 Sept - anyone want to come along?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I'm going to do a second recce of my Suffolk Sojourn ride next week as I've made a few changes on advice from various people (and having ridden it) and want to check 'em out, plus find a decent lunch stop as where we went last time was a bit too nouvelle cuisine for cyclists.

Anyone want to keep me company? It would be from Manningtree Station (an hour out of Liverpool Street), about fifty five miles I think, or perhaps a few less. Surprisingly rollingly hilly for Essex. If you have an aversion to thatched cottages and pretty churches, this is not for you.

It will either be Wed 16, Thu 17 or Fri 18 September.

Let me know if you want to come along. It won't be super-fast (probably average of 11-12mph) but should be very scenic.

gbs

Guru
I am now looking doubtful for the 26th, (University OD not for me but my son), so participation in the dress rehearsal would be good for me. However Thursday 1100 at Manningtree is the only time I could manage. I fully understand that may not fit yr timetable.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I might be able to make next Thursday depending on how work goes early part of next week.

gbs

Guru
With mixed emotion I have accepted a client request for a meeeting for thursday 17 and so I must withdraw. Sorry.

I am now 0 for 3 in respect of attempts to join CC rides.:eek:

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Well you'll get better at it with more experience (declining rides, or actually attending them!)

Looks like I'll have 4F, Wowbagger, Mrs Wow and Delthebike on this recce ride so should be good. Perhaps you can make the real ride gbs, Saturday the 26thish or something?

gbs

Guru
Helen, As of today that looks possible. You may recall that I signalled withdrawal from the 26th jaunt but now the conflict for that day may be resolved and I may be free to join. I will say no more about that until the die is cast.

Will you be going E towards Wrabness?

colinr

I'm going to have to pull out of the 26th (after voting for it) due to other stuff. Sorry! Will try again next time.

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
gbs said:
Will you be going E towards Wrabness?
Well only for about 100 metres, then we'll turn north, then east for East Bergholt...

Sorry you can't make it colinr.

Top Bottom