Suffolk Strava

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Any locals? I'm still getting used to this Strava but would be good to see how others are getting on around me. How do I add people/ get people to add me?

Last edited:

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I'm on there! I used to have 38 KOMs. Then Ipswich bike club signed up to Strava en masse and annihilated me :smile:

Do an athlete search for my name and you'll find me.

Reactions: 4F

kiriyama

After a ride if you look at an individual segment you have ridden and then click on the leader board you can see who else has ridden that section (You can also filter it to show who has riden it in the last day/week/year)Keep looking at your local segments and you will spot a few familiar names cropping up often. Its a safe bet to assume they are local a quick check of thier profile might confirm it. But they may think your a weird stalker! :stop::laugh:It would be good if strava had some sort of local rider search or local rider stats, no idea how it would work though.

Phyllosc

I'm a Suffolk rider living near Woodbridge but I've been uploading my data to Garmin's own website. I've not seen Strava in action, would it be better than Garmin's own efforts?

OP
OP
Usehernamegood
I'm a Suffolk rider living near Woodbridge but I've been uploading my data to Garmin's own website. I've not seen Strava in action, would it be better than Garmin's own efforts?
I only know two people who use Garmin and both say they prefer Strava. Give it a go!

Last edited:

Phyllosc

I'm a little north of Woodbridge and ride the roads around Melton, Sutton, Butley, Snape etc. Great roads to ride on! Thinking of joining Plomesage CC so I can ride their Thursday night 10s.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
After a ride if you look at an individual segment you have ridden and then click on the leader board you can see who else has ridden that section (You can also filter it to show who has riden it in the last day/week/year)Keep looking at your local segments and you will spot a few familiar names cropping up often. Its a safe bet to assume they are local a quick check of thier profile might confirm it. But they may think your a weird stalker! :stop::laugh:It would be good if strava had some sort of local rider search or local rider stats, no idea how it would work though.

Someone misheard me introduce myself at a sportive, when the topic of Strava came up the fellow said to me 'have you seen that Andrew Culture on Strava? That B-stand is everywhere!'...

Top Bottom