England : Suffolk Suffolk Swarm 06/10/13

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattobrien

Guru
Up for it, just need to dig out my BC membership no. to get booked on.

Michael Orvis

Ha, well I'm doing my first event on 22nd - Charity ride with St Helena Hospice. That'll be my test. If I fair well with that I'll try the longer ride on 6th October, failing that, I'll ride with you guys and fork off on the shorter route.

mattobrien

Guru
100s are always out of my league, which I tend to remember around the 70 mile mark :smile:
There is usually that 'dark' period between 70-80 miles where you are tired and just want it to be over. I found that I had a second wind last weekend and after 80 miles was near enough the end to want to push on through. So much so that we didn't stop at the unexpected feed stop at 80 miles.

mattobrien

Guru
@Michael Orvis How far are you planning on riding for the St Helena ride?

Upping the distance isn't too difficult, it's just a case of putting the time in / having the time to put in.

Reactions: 4F

SimonJKH

Blue collar cyclist
Still undecided on this one. I want to do it, but the date is really not great for me. Might be a 'decide on the day' job.

mattobrien

Guru
What the hell, entered the 100. I shall be doing it on the fixed :training:
Good work Sir. I will dig out a photo of me disappearing into the distance, so you can remember what to look out for on the day :laugh:

Kind of hoping some new and shiny wheels will turn up before the event and obviously that it is dry enough for me to warrant using my plastic bike.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Good work Sir. I will dig out a photo of me disappearing into the distance, so you can remember what to look out for on the day :laugh:

Kind of hoping some new and shiny wheels will turn up before the event and obviously that it is dry enough for me to warrant using my plastic bike.

Thanks :rose:, still not happy about compulsory helmet use though.... ******* elf and safety ******** !

Top Bottom