England : Suffolk Suffolk Swarm 06/10/13

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
My first reaction when I saw this was to think that I'll start with Matt and when my lack of fitness lets me down I'll drop back to find you, but then I remembered how fast you are on fixed!

Last time I did a ton on the fixed was 6 years ago so I won't be going hell for leather. I will be aiming for a 15/16 average so not too speedy, that said I have not yet looked at the course profile but I doubt it will have many hills in it.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Last time I did a ton on the fixed was 6 years ago so I won't be going hell for leather. I will be aiming for a 15/16 average so not too speedy, that said I have not yet looked at the course profile but I doubt it will have many hills in it.

Sounds lovely, last time I did a fast 100 I lost the ability to descend stairs a couple of days afterwards.

mattobrien

Guru
Think of this as a TTT. I will be rigging up a bungee cord system so there will be no slacking on the fixie.

Andrew, dropping back is not an option. I will be relying on you to drag me through the last 90 miles or so...

That said, new wheels will be mine by then, meaning it will rain so I won't want to use them / the plastic bike.

mattobrien

Guru
Looks good. Andrew I will entrust you with guarding my steed while I am massaged at the end :-)

Just checked times for the last sportive did and came in 44th for the 160km route, out of c. 250 riders. The one before that I was in the top 40. I will need you to spent at least 75 miles in the wind to aid my chances of a good time ^_^

And yes, there will be plenty of opportunity for you to find out what 'time in the wind' is. Surely my backside isn't that good looking that you want to have it in your view for a full 100 miles :whistle:

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Working 'till midnight on the Saturday (always need a couple of hours and a couple of beers to recover afterwards) and, as I've mentioned elsewhere, the 6th is my birthday. I rode the 50 mile route the other week and it would be nice to do the whole thing. I'll have another think about it ...

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
My number just arrived (a huge thing I have to safety pin to my jersey). The weather is looking reasonably still for Sunday, looks like we'll be needing base layers!

na3ameby.jpg

gabegybu.jpg

Top Bottom