Sugar in Tea ,

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Perservere. I now manage tea without sugar and I'm starting lo like it. I can't manage coffee without though. No Siree Bob.

I stopped adding sugar one day and a week later my tastebuds had adjusted. You need to make your tea a bit weeker because sugar hides the bitter tanin taste of strong builders tea. Try green tea or just let the water sniff the teabag.

Lonestar

Veteran
Sweetners for me.Haven't used sugar in years.

Dont even have milk in tea , let alone coffee

I never have cofee in tea.

I did actually stop drinking tea at home due to the fact I found the teabags too weak and it tasting like gnats pee.Even tried Yorkshire Tea.Found Typhoo tea (Extra Strong) at the Poundshop recently and it's great.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Try changing your tea. I gave it up easily in coffee, but had to switch to Rooibos tea ( I have that black with no sugar). Builder's tea is intolerable without sugar for me.
xx( I'm with @vickster on this one, hateful stuff.......................................not even Tea either just some ghastly infusion.

Now Green Tea (Chinese Tea) is far less processed than an Black (Indian style) Tea and I don't need sugar to cope with it as I do with Black Tea.

D

Deleted member 1258

For me tea and coffee is black no sugar, I can't remember when I last had sugar in them, and can barely remember when I had milk in my tea and coffee.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Tea with sugar is awful, Sugar in coffee to take away the bitter taste, i hate coffee.:okay:

hobo

O' wise one
Try switching to having tea black.
You can start actually tasting the tea.
Use a good quality tea like twinings everyday and you ll find you so won't need to drink it in such large quantities.
Twinings Ceylon is my favourite but i have to scour all the supermarket s to find it.

Lonestar

Veteran
Then again Coffee.I don't really like the instant stuff.Even tried more expensive stuff.Guess that the ground coffee tastes better.I can't really touch sugar now,tastes vile.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I have sugar in tea if i want a bit of an energy boost,but i prefer tea without it. Cut back a little more every time instead of all at once. I did that with meat and so far i haven't succumbed to temptation,though i've just passed someone's house and the smell of bacon was wafting out the window. It didn't half smell good!:unsure:
No stop it! I must resist!!:stop:

Last edited:
Top Bottom