Sugar...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not taken sugar in tea or coffee for about 30 years, but I have a sweet tooth so get it from many other sources

All ok in moderation, could try a more natural brown sugar rather than refined white, or honey if looking for a more natural sweetener?

This is the type of advice that keeps the nation fat. Any source of sugar is still sugar. Honey, raw cane sugar, you name it, it is still sugar. Neither honey nor brown sugar has anything in it that makes it healthier than white sugar. Your liver turns it into glucose within minutes if digestion and that goes into your blood. Your pancreas then react and hit it with an overdose of insulin. Minutes later, you have the munchies again and guess what, another sugar bomb gets sent off to fix the munchies.

Sugar is sugar.

Drago

Legendary Member
Different sugars from varying sources have different glycemic index ratings. None can be said to be good for you, but their level of badness can differ.

doog

Any one else finding it hard to cut sugar out , I ve managed to cut down but just can't cut it out ,
Tried sweetners etc , I woulndnt say I have a craving for it , but somethings , tea for example , I just have to have a bit ,

I have half a spoon in a cuppa..twice a day, it takes the edge off the tea, not a craving as you state.

screenman

Legendary Member
A couple of years ago I had 15 months off sugar, it took my weight down be 4 stone, then I let the evil stuff creap back into my diet. So now I do not sleep as well, as many other bad things, so gradually going sugar free again.

EnPassant

Remember Remember some date in November Member
This thread https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/p...ar-conspiracy-or-why-the-worlds-obese.198746/ contains a lot of useful info (from especially @Fab Foodie) on the topic.

I've reduced my intake over the past few months and I've noticed a difference in the mirror.
Nice, followed that up and The Guardian article linked to in the first post on that thread (a most informative one from @Fab Foodie) might lead one to this you tube video. Worth an hour of anyones time in my view.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

classic33

Leg End Member
I am a sweetie monster :crazy:
Have managed to cut down sugar in tea and coffee to less than a teaspoon, sometimes use the Candarel powder stuff :dry: A teaspoon in your coffee should be ok I imagine (unless you're drinking 40 cups a day) :ohmy:
It'd depend on cup size wouldn't it?
CAM00120.jpg

Top Bottom