Suggestion for decent / cheap(relative) / MIPS Lid for Hybrid / Road use. Recommendations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jase_31

Regular
Hi,

Being new to cycling looking for a decent lid. I currently have a hybrid, running roads/mild trails but will probably add a road bike soon.

Want a decent lid, but obviously as with all things cycling price can vary dramatically. Beyond a point, I am note sure more money = more protection.

Ive looked at the US/Swedish test results, and MIPS lids seem to be higher rated? Some of the Bell / Specialized and Lazer lids seem to be reasonably priced and high rated, but I will consider anything else.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

vickster

Legendary Member
One that fits you and is comfortable is by far and away the most important consideration, not the marketing. Go try some on 👍

But why can’t you use your current helmet on a roadbike if it fits well? Or do you not have one?
So the next question would be why would you want one for a roadbike and not on a hybrid?

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jase_31

Regular
Currently dont have a lid - (Well I do, but it a a very very cheap one), so looking to buy a decent one that I can use on multiple bikes (when I get a second...and third....)

Trying on is difficult at the moment. Most of the local shops are look but dont touch.......

vickster

Legendary Member
Currently dont have a lid - (Well I do, but it a a very very cheap one), so looking to buy a decent one that I can use on multiple bikes (when I get a second...and third....)

Trying on is difficult at the moment. Most of the local shops are look but dont touch.......
Buy a few from a place with free delivery and returns - you need to find a brand that works.
Cost is not a guarantee of fit and comfort (or indeed quality, may just bigger ventilation holes)

Do you have Halfords or Decathlon close, can you try there?

Top Bottom