Suggestions for a 28c or 25c wheel set

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aqua

Regular
Hello!

So, I own a Genesis Datum 20 (2018) - size S - and as of now I'm using Jalco XCD22 rims with 700x32c Continental road tyres with Formula front/rear hubs. The front hub is a "Formula RX-81Q/RX-26 28h" 15mm TA and the rear hub is a "Formula RX-81Q/RX-26 28h" QR.

I am looking for advice on a 28c or 25c wheel set - front/rear hubs and rims.

For any compatibility issues, on this bike, I have Shimano 105 RD-5800 rear derailleur, and Shimano CS-5800 11-32 cassette and Shimano BR-RS505 hydraulic front/rear brakes - the front break with 160mm TR160 rotors and the rear brake with 160mm TR140 rotors.

What suggestions can you give me? I'm looking for a fairly good wheel set and not too heavy.

Nebulous

Guru
I'm not sure about all of those figures, for example you seem to be mentioning 140mm and 160mm for the rear disc. You're also talking about a 15mm through-axle front and a quick-release rear. The fact I've had a couple of beers may not be helping.

Anyway - I have a 2018 Genesis equilibrium disc, with 160mm front and 140mm rear discs. It has 12mm through-axles all round. I bought a pair of Hunt 4 season disc wheels with an integrated dynamo and am extremely happy. The non-dynamo version are these:-

https://www.huntbikewheels.com/prod...-disc-brake-road-bike-wheelset-tubeless-ready

They have adaptors for different axles, are a reasonable weight and have been very reliable so far. £339 without a dynamo.

Top Bottom