Suggestions please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Little Neil

Hi Folks I am taking the Bike Express to Poitiers on 8th of June for two weeks,has anyone out there got any good route ideas?2 weeks gives me plenty of scope,hoping to travel between 60 to 80 miles per day and stay in either b&b or camp,not bothered eitherway really.All route ideas would be gratefully received!cheers

Brains

Legendary Member
Big difference between B&B and Camping, as with camping you have double the gear, and you loose a couple of hours per day with setting up/striking camp, but given the choice I'd camp as you are completely flexible

I'd look for river routes, find the big rivers and follow them

Percy

Little Neil said:
Hi Folks I am taking the Bike Express to Poitiers on 8th of June for two weeks,has anyone out there got any good route ideas?2 weeks gives me plenty of scope,hoping to travel between 60 to 80 miles per day and stay in either b&b or camp,not bothered eitherway really.All route ideas would be gratefully received!cheers

Will you be needing to end up back in Poitiers at the end of the two weeks? (I'm not familiar with the bike express experience!)

East, to the coast, would be a reasonable way to spend you time - Ile De Re, off La Rochelle, is worth a look and you'll be missing the August influx of Parisians!

North to the Loire valley would be one of the obvious choices - and rightly so, it's great riding in beautiful French countryside. But then again, whichever direction you go in would be great riding in beautiful French countryside - this is France, afterall.

I'd be tempted to head southwest of your starting point, towards Limoges/Clermont, and beging to touch the Massive Central, but then again I like to climb the odd hill so it depends on what floats your boat - and where you need to end up.

Top Bottom