Suicidal cyclist almost down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrasB

Veteran
I doubt this is anyone here but it's still winding me up from this morning. So I'm on a section of dual carriage way sprinting along to keep up with the flow of traffic, as in best part of 40mph, middle of the near side lane between 2 cars doing around the same speed as me. I notice a cyclist at the side of the road looking like he may want to join the road. A quick glance over my shoulder to check the offside lane is clear, I turn back to see the guy broadside on crossing the road! It's okay for me I've checked it's okay so just dive into the offside lane as I know there's plenty of space, the driver behind me however slams on the brakes, though takes his time thinking, & pulls to the nearside praying that he's gone the right way. Another shoulder check to pull back to check the nearside is clear sees the car miss the back wheel of the bike by about 6" as it slides to a stop.

So long as he didn't endanger you it's the other cyclists lookout for cycling like a prat.

OP
OP
GrasB

GrasB

Veteran
It was more he sure as hell pissed off a motorist & that effects all of us really. Also I met this guy again this morning & he did the same thing but I was much further back. He just jumped off the kerb straight across the road without looking, this is a NSL dual-carriageway FFS.

Top Bottom