Suitable lightweight lock for JOGLE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

djb1971

Legendary Member
I've been using a Knog milkman for cafe stops. It's a key lock not combination and seems to be stronger than my eBay combination lock I purchased. If I need stronger I just bite the bullet and carry a mini shackle with a thick kryptonite cable. A ground spike helps if you're camping too, there's no way you can pull it from the ground.

sabian92

Über Member
I've been using a Knog milkman for cafe stops. It's a key lock not combination and seems to be stronger than my eBay combination lock I purchased. If I need stronger I just bite the bullet and carry a mini shackle with a thick kryptonite cable. A ground spike helps if you're camping too, there's no way you can pull it from the ground.

I always wondered about those. If they're unable to be pulled from the ground... how do YOU get it out when you finish a a site in a morning? :laugh: Genuine question, i'm not a camper though so I have no idea.

djb1971

Legendary Member
I always wondered about those. If they're unable to be pulled from the ground... how do YOU get it out when you finish a a site in a morning? :laugh: Genuine question, i'm not a camper though so I have no idea.

They are like a giant corkscrew, twist in-twist out.

djb1971

Legendary Member
If I'm in my tent with the ropes going through the bike which is also locked I think they'd wake me up!

Twisting a whole bike around about a dozen turns that's tangled to my tent and locked onto a big spike about 2ft away from me isn't going to happen without waking me. Most camp sites or places that I wild camp are 99% safe when you're nearby ;)

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
well the little alarm lock I bought for this le jog failed in the rain leaving bikes locked to a lamp post with alarm blasting out...only a size 12 raod shoe and some wire cutters from the hardware store could 'fix' the dam thing.

HorTs

Über Member
On my recent trip I just used a one of those thing cable combination locks. Long enough to secure a wheel and frame, and gives enough peice of mind not to worry all the time. Could probably be cut with a hefty pair of pliers by a nasty theif but good enough to stop someone just running off with your bike.

Top Bottom