Suitable tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajax Bay

Guru
This pair of tyres are for sale by @Mark Grant on another Cycle Chat thread. At only 35mm wide as opposed to 50 they may be a cheap way of discovering what your overall riding needs are (50s are wide if you're going to spend any time on the road). These, or similar, offer a compromise, which I've argued above you'll have to make (unless you're really going to swap your tyres every other ride.

OP
OP
AckaDappa

AckaDappa

This pair of tyres are for sale by @Mark Grant on another Cycle Chat thread. At only 35mm wide as opposed to 50 they may be a cheap way of discovering what your overall riding needs are (50s are wide if you're going to spend any time on the road). These, or similar, offer a compromise, which I've argued above you'll have to make (unless you're really going to swap your tyres every other ride.
Ill take a look.. Thanks.

Ajax Bay

Guru

Ajax Bay

Guru
That'd be my view. You have clearance for 50s so that's not an issue. If you're going out on the roads you can pump them up a bit (but the difference in rolling resistance (with increased pressure) is small so not really an issue). Will be comfortable and you'll lose the brrrrr of knobbles!

Here's a tyre pressures chart.

Attachments

• TyreInflationPressures.pdf
    201.6 KB · Views: 50
OP
OP
AckaDappa

AckaDappa

That'd be my view. You have clearance for 50s so that's not an issue. If you're going out on the roads you can pump them up a bit (but the difference in rolling resistance (with increased pressure) is small so not really an issue). Will be comfortable and you'll lose the brrrrr of knobbles!

Here's a tyre pressures chart.
Ok thank you.

Top Bottom