Suitable women's clothing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simontm

Veteran
On appropriate dress for cycling tours:
‘Wear as few petticoats as possible; dark woollen stockings in winter, and cotton in summer; shoes, never boots; and have your gown made neatly and plainly of flannel without loose ends or drapery to catch in your [bicycle]... Grey is the best colour, or heather mixture tweed, which does not show dust or mud stains, and yet cannot lose its colour under a hot sun.’

I was researching something else to accompany a feature and I stumbled across this from 1889's Hints to Lady Travellers
^_^

Thought you might be asking what to wear, 'Simone'...

heather mixture tweed
quick google and ...

purple_olivia1_440x880.jpg

Nice! and just the thing for a day like today.

fimm

Veteran
I'm going to need a new winter coat in the next couple of years. I was thinking that maybe I wouldn't get another black one, but black is good for not showing the dirt. I do like that colour, I'm not sure it it is dark enough not to show the dirt, though!

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
‘Wear as few petticoats as possible; dark woollen stockings in winter, and cotton in summer; shoes, never boots; and have your gown made neatly and plainly of flannel without loose ends or drapery to catch in your [bicycle]... Grey is the best colour, or heather mixture tweed, which does not show dust or mud stains, and yet cannot lose its colour under a hot sun.’

I was researching something else to accompany a feature and I stumbled across this from 1889's Hints to Lady Travellers
^_^
At last - proper recognition. After much pedalling I've gradually evolved just this garb. Eat your hearts out MAMILs

Brandane

Legendary Member
All sounds good. What will the women be wearing?

Globalti

Legendary Member
That tweed jacket is niiiice. Harris Tweed I hope? If I was a girlie I'd love one like that.

Top Bottom