Summer long sleeved Jersey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike Rudkin

I'm looking for a lightweight,long sleeved summer Jersey around the £35 mark or less. I bought a DHB jersey which was meant to be suitable for 8-18 degrees,but I'm already finding that too hot.Any ideas ??

betty swollocks

large member
Roll the sleeves up and expose your forearms.
I find this air-cooling very effective.
Are you hydrated enough to sweat freely - for your body's own cooling mechanism to work properly?

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
yer +1 for short sleeve jerseys and arm warmers, don`t buy long sleeve jerseys at all. Thin layers is all you need even in winter.

Joe said:
Short sleeve jersey and arm warmers?

I swear by these: http://www.prendas.co.uk/details.asp?typ=typ&fkid=14&ID=1037

Just enough to keep the chill off in the morning and they pack down really small when it warms up.
+ another 1 for short sleeves and arm warmers. I've had several arm warmers before that are more water resistant but I got a similar pair of Cannondale for Christmas, they're a great fit (even on my skinny biceps) and they're so easy to roll up or down as necessary. My thin long sleeve tops were relegated to late winter/ early spring.

jimboalee

Pissing down overnight here in sunny Solihull. Misty start this morning with ambient temp at 10' C.
Short sleeves today. No longs either - just shorts. Cool and refreshing.

Downward

Guru
jimboalee said:
Pissing down overnight here in sunny Solihull. Misty start this morning with ambient temp at 10' C.

Lashing down in Brum and 9 degrees - Glad My bike is in the LBS today

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboalee

as an ex South Yardleyian, I would be surprised if it wasn't raining both places. I was raised in a house on the border line - Brum at the front, Solihull at the back, and pretty much every time it rained you got wet whichever door you went out of - but that was a long time ago and my memory may be playing tricks ........

Downward

Guru
youngoldbloke said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboalee

as an ex South Yardleyian, I would be surprised if it wasn't raining both places. I was raised in a house on the border line - Brum at the front, Solihull at the back, and pretty much every time it rained you got wet whichever door you went out of - but that was a long time ago and my memory may be playing tricks ........

I work in Edgbaston 6 ish mile from Solihull I think. Eg at home 7 miles away it was dry but I was driving through torrential rain.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Apologies both - just being flippant ;)
Must have been one of those showery days when you can avoid getting soaked by crossing the road. (Or leaving the house by the back door!)

Ben M

Are there no decent "summer long sleeved jerseys" then?

I'm of a ginger persuasion and am going on a tour where it will hopefully be nice and sunny (well, I hope it's overcast, the other two probably are hoping for sunshine :biggrin: ) and I'd rather have one less place to cream up...

jimboalee

Ben M said:
Are there no decent "summer long sleeved jerseys" then?

I'm of a ginger persuasion and am going on a tour where it will hopefully be nice and sunny (well, I hope it's overcast, the other two probably are hoping for sunshine :tongue: ) and I'd rather have one less place to cream up...

The joyful thing about being a cyclist is your 'silly sun tan'.

After a long day under the sun, the back of the hands have a crochet pattern, and the forearm has a wristwatch shape of pale skin.
Tan on the legs starts where the shorts stop and stop at the socks; and on the arms, where the jersey sleeves stop.

Bald blokes got white stripes across their head where the Banana hat was :angry::laugh::biggrin::laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom