summer skull cap/bandanna ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Getting a bit fed up of cycling caps -however I need something to stop the sweat rolling down into my eyes - been using an old bandana which seems to work well - anybody any suggestions for bandanas summer skull caps ?

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I use buffs sometimes , I need new caps mine are bit tired and need binned. I just bought some buffs off Ebay , double up as face coverings as well.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I got some DHB summer headbands, but i also use the 'merino' ones that aldi sold a while back for £5 (i think)

You can find something like this on Amazon. This one here will be my next purchase eventually

51N4jGCmOkL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073ZH1DNT

I got almost shoulder length lockdown hair so for me its also to keep my hair out of my face (Im thinking about taking a trimmer to it tbh)

Last edited:

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Bandana for me. I particularly like my tie dyed one at the moment. For roller sessions where I'm in the back garden, I found my old Bula (remember them early 90s mountain bikers?) headband.

vickster

Legendary Member
Hair takes care of sweat...especially this extra bushy lockdown hair! I’d expire in the heat with anything under my helmet!

Tenkaykev

Guru
I've got several buffs including a merino one which is excellent, and a sort of hybrid longer one which is half merino half fabric.

My favourite though is this one from a race I did a few years back. I'm going to repurpose it as a face mask. 😉

giantbuff.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You could do a lot worse than a red polka dot bandana as worn by Joe Walsh;

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Bear in mind that Buffs do not block all the sun. I learnt this the hard way. They do a UV Buff which is more effective.

BurningLegs

Veteran
What don't you like about cycling caps, @kingrollo ?

I've only started using one this summer but wish I'd started much sooner - being able to flick the peak up or down is great, and keeping the sweat out of my eyes is even better. Can't really imagine a possible downside that wouldn't exist with any other option???

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
What don't you like about cycling caps, @kingrollo ?

I've only started using one this summer but wish I'd started much sooner - being able to flick the peak up or down is great, and keeping the sweat out of my eyes is even better. Can't really imagine a possible downside that wouldn't exist with any other option???

Its not a good look when I take my helmet off. ! or actually at all for me !

Top Bottom