Sun 14th, 50-60 hilly miles from Hebden Bridge/Todmorden

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
ColinJ said:
(I tried posting a reply a while back but I think I must have clicked Preview Post instead of Submit Reply!)

Trio - I've plotted the Littleborough-Littleborough loop and posted it here on Bikely. To get the route file, click Share/Download .GPX.

:smile:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm a bit confused by all this talk of blank maps... They all work for me, but I'm wondering if that is because I'm logged in to Bikely.

So, can you all see the main route map, and the two little routes in and out of Halifax? If not, I'll look into it.

bromptonfb said:
i've done this route before. i'm in if allowed. will meet at cragg vale. need to put dual chain ring on brommie tho.
I'm a bit confused at this too! We are ending up at Blackstone Edge and then splitting up. Some of us will plunge back down through Cragg Vale and then the ride will be over!

You are welcome to come along Shaun, but Cragg Vale ain't where it's at! :smile:

trio25

Über Member
Worked for me. Have plotted my route out and then back via my mums - I know she will appreciate me turning up to say hi and get fed! Well it is mothers day!

I will have lights AJ, always do to be on the safe side!

Better be good cake at the cafe!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

bromptonfb said:
sorry being dim, i meant at the caravan place...watchin telly as well...doh
Ah! Right, well that is only a few minutes up the road from the park so expect us about 10:10-10:15.

trio25 said:
Worked for me. Have plotted my route out and then back via my mums - I know she will appreciate me turning up to say hi and get fed! Well it is mothers day!
My sister has picked up a box of chocs on my behalf and will be giving them to our mum on Sunday afternoon. I'll give her a ring when I get back.

trio25 said:
Better be good cake at the cafe!
Well, as I mentioned above - I haven't actually been to the Scar Top tearooms before - let's hope that it's a nice place. I phoned them up today to check that they were okay with a bunch of sweaty cyclists turning up. The man I spoke to was really friendly and said that we'd be welcome.

I just had a quick search - it got the thumbs up here!

So it is looking like another good turn out:
  • ColinJ
  • Alun
  • Calum
  • Bokonon
  • trio25
  • aJohnson
  • Uncle Phil & Mrs. Uncle Phil
  • goodspeed (round as far as Oxenhope)
  • bromptonfb (sleeping off late night taxi duties)

trio25

Über Member
What a brilliant website! Having a look at it now!

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
i've been a few times in the past. it is a long long way from the bikes. high tea / afternoon tea is nice (scone, whipped cream, jam and earl grey).

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Uncle Phil said:
We'll be there.
See you in the morning then!

Uncle Phil said:
Can you make sure we get the same weather again tomorrow, please?
It's great here today, but I think it might have changed by tomorrow...

aJohnson said:
Looks like it will be a good turnout. And hopefully good weather to go along with that.
The forecast is for a mix of sunny spells and light showers. Fairly mild but the pretty strong NW wind will have a bite to it.

I had been thinking of finally putting the winter kit away but I might stick with it for this ride. I'll see what it is like when I get up tomorrow.

I've put those arm warmers in my bag for you Andy. They are way too tight for me but they might still be too loose on you. If so, I'll offer them to anybody else on the ride that they fit.

Uncle Phil said:
I'm now off to do some fettling.
I've already fixed the slow puncture that developed over the past couple of rides. I couldn't find any obvious cause for it except that there is a slight crease where the hole was. I reckon that I might have got a kink in the tube when I first inflated it.

I'm going to put a new chain on this afternoon and will check my rear brake blocks. I think there are another few rides in them but the last couple of wet rides certainly took their toll.

YOU WILL DEFINITELY NEED GOOD BRAKES ON THIS RIDE FOLKS! :biggrin:

The bike is also filthy so I'll give it a good clean.

trio25

Über Member
Better put my geared bike back together then. Heading out then to Sheffield so need to be ready.

Unsure what to wear, got away with 3/4's on friday but it was only a 30mile ride. I think tights still since it is longer! Will look at how cold it is meant to get! I am used to having a huge bag so lots of spare layers, will be interesting going roadie again!

See you all tomorrow morning.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
sorry but i thought i was free because burnley had played wednesday but they play today as well and i have to pick up my daughter up between 2 and 3am. so i am out as i will be too tired with a few hours sleep. i did not know football teams played twice a week.

cheers

shaun

Top Bottom