England : Rutland Sun 18th Nov

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
An easy social ride around the flattest [it's relative] part of Rutland. No distance decided but it won't be too far for anyone to manage, no tea stop decided but it will have lots of cakes, no route yet decided because I often make them up as I go along because it might be wind direction dependent [do the hard stuff first], so a mystery tour then!
Aim to start as usual now at 0930 from Oakham Station [east side] and to be back before 1500, lights shouldn't be required but it does no harm to have them just in case. There are hills but I for one am so out of condition plus I will be on fixed that no one need worry about speed :smile:.

D

Deleted member 1258

Count me in on this one, wheres the best place to park the motor?

Plenty of parking around the station area, it will be really good to see you again, it seems like a very long time since we were all sat in the sun at that garden center.
One thing to mention, if with only a few days to go before that weekend the weather gods decide not to play ball then I reserve the right to cancel............................and run it on Saturday instead :smile:.

D

Deleted member 1258

Plenty of parking around the station area, it will be really good to see you again, it seems like a very long time since we were all sat in the sun at that garden center.
One thing to mention, if with only a few days to go before that weekend the weather gods decide not to play ball then I reserve the right to cancel............................and run it on Saturday instead :smile:.

Its been 12 months since that ride,16th October last year, an excellent days cycling, I'm looking forward to seeing Rutland again, that was excellent too.

Unless work decides otherwise, count me in as well! :thumbsup: (I will know for sure by Friday 9th Nov)
As long as you don't look like your avatar or I may have to restrict numbers!
I won't be able to make this one, but Rutland is lovely cycling country so I'll be back if/when you do more rides next year for sure.
You know you are welcome anytime, I will try and arrange some good weather for next year, it's getting so unpredictable I had better put the order in now.

D

Deleted member 1258

So I'm not allowed to wear lycra? :whistle:

I'm quite happy if you wear lycra, I'll just have to keep an eye on my blood pressure. ^_^

Bump.
Went round what I think will be the route today, the tea stop is a bit different but wonderful and you have to like cakes. Took a few pics on the way round:

Edmondsthorpe, a quintessential English village
hellysbdayride021112001.jpg

There will be the odd busy main road
hellysbdayride021112002.jpg

Not that safe for lambs around these parts
hellysbdayride021112003.jpg

An exercise in how to climb
hellysbdayride021112004.jpg

Getting rid if excess baggage
hellysbdayride021112006.jpg

Back into Rutland
hellysbdayride021112007.jpg

Spot the pink hat
hellysbdayride021112008.jpg

That took us 4 hours and 20 mins including the stop and we were there for around 40 mins so not that far and we were on fixed so a bit slower.

Top Bottom