England : Rutland Sun 18th Nov

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bump.

That took us 4 hours and 20 mins including the stop and we were there for around 40 mins so not that far and we were on fixed so a bit slower.
What distance is that TF? I had a look at the trains from Pottyburgh an they are very frequent, even on a Sunday but don't start till after 11am. I thinking of cycling up and getting a train back if I'm knackered if not cycle. I could drive up but I'd rather not.

D

Deleted member 1258

It looks glorious, I'm looking forward to this ride.

If the weather Dr Pink cake forecast is good I could be persuaded :laugh: Can't make a Saturday though.
You will have to do the asking :smile:
What distance is that TF? I had a look at the trains from Pottyburgh an they are very frequent, even on a Sunday but don't start till after 11am. I thinking of cycling up and getting a train back if I'm knackered if not cycle. I could drive up but I'd rather not.
The distance we did today was 52 miles but I have options for cutting that shorter by various degrees, it is 25 miles to the cake stop / ski lodge [not saying any more]. Cycling here is definitely doable and train back sounds sensible although car might be more practicable, though I think I know what you mean.

The portions are on the generous side, obviously not potsy generous but normal mortal generous :smile:.

I'm not too bothered with quantity.. Quality and variety is more my thing! :hungry:

Lets make sure we don't sit next to each other during the cake consuming period.. :whistle:
Potsy is a bit scared of Rutland not enough traffic, but should he ever arrive and should you sit next to him at a cake stop, I would wager you will be dumbstruck with admiration with the efficiency at which cakes are dispatched. Really quite awesome, you could learn a lot. Actually you could always come with us up to sunny Lancashire where it never rains and it is very fixed friendly ^_^.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Like the sound of this (depending on weather on the day!!). Do I really, really have to like cakes? I'll be taking the previous Thursday off to bake large volumes of (easy, and portable in panniers) stuff for Friday's Children in Need event at work - my last day at work, incidentally - and I may well be sick of the sight of cakes by Sunday. Will there be any, mmm, vegetarian savoury options at the cake stop? (This is not a decisive factor, BTW).

I'm now just winding down after producing what I hope will be about a year's worth of mango chutney - would you like a small jar, TF/Dr P?

I've been delclared mentally stable again and will be at work that weekend. Poo! Might try to organise a relapse!
Hope so as others have to be convinced too :smile:
Like the sound of this (depending on weather on the day!!). Do I really, really have to like cakes? I'll be taking the previous Thursday off to bake large volumes of (easy, and portable in panniers) stuff for Friday's Children in Need event at work - my last day at work, incidentally - and I may well be sick of the sight of cakes by Sunday. Will there be any, mmm, vegetarian savoury options at the cake stop? (This is not a decisive factor, BTW).

I'm now just winding down after producing what I hope will be about a year's worth of mango chutney - would you like a small jar, TF/Dr P?
You are one of the Rutland posse now [2 rides to qualify], so far as quality of food and options available at this stop, let's just say I have never been to a better one, in fact the ride is worth doing just for the eating. Do we want a jar of chutney? You bet, one of my favourites.

Top Bottom