England : Rutland Sun 18th Nov

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As you know - count me in for coming along. Cant wait to see you guys!!!!! I'll pm you with arrival details.

my girlie weekend (previous weekend) consisted of lots of vodka.....but dancing and dancing and dancing....thats burning a lotta calories I'm certain of it. How do I know this....my shoes had to come off by midnight! :thumbsup:
I also have just come back from a girly weekend which involved lots of drink including bubbly, fire and a wet bed and not a lot of sleep, oh and four very nice girls, well six actually, all in all not bad.

I also have just come back from a girly weekend which involved lots of drink including bubbly, fire and a wet bed and not a lot of sleep, oh and four very nice girls, well six actually, all in all not bad.
Blimey aren't you the lucky one, swmbo draws the line at 2 extra girlies in the bed :angel:

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Super day for it! Not a cloud in the sky, brilliant late Autumn sunshine, next to no wind.

Oh, hang on, it's next week, isn't it.
Hmmm, think I'll go for a ride anyway; try to bed in the (still) squealing front brake.

D

Deleted member 1258

Super day for it! Not a cloud in the sky, brilliant late Autumn sunshine, next to no wind.

Hmmm, think I'll go for a ride anyway; try to bed in the (still) squealing front brake.

I've been out this morning, done 52 miles and it was lovely, cold bright sun, light breeze, first thing the fields were white with hoar frost and there was low mist in places, came out the Cafe, Whitemores Antiques tea room at Shenton, and it had warmed up, the frost had gone and it was just a lovely day.

F

Fingers crossed the bbc are right, its going to turn wet & windy on Monday but another high pressure is coming in for next week end bring dry and sunny weather :sun:Mind you they've not got other things right lately :whistle:

I went out about 10.30 when it had warmed up a bit and with no clear idea where I was going, not unusual for me. What a stunner of a day, had a leisurely cake stop at 45 miles then realised I only had a spare rear light in my seat pack so the last dozen miles was eyeballs out [relative term] and just made it as the sun was setting, 77 miles and the longest since the accident and my neck is aching now from the whiplash.
Not going to look at any long range forecasts until Wednesday and that's being lenient, don't usually trust the met office beyond 48 hours and sometimes not even that!
Might post a couple of pictures up later if they look ok.

Only three pictures as they were taken on an old phone, very autumnal, every road I travelled today had a view that needed a good photograph, it was just that kind of day and at the end when the sun was setting even a ploughed field was washed with a hue of colour only seen at this time of year.

The forum rides have stopped here before, I'll bet the colours were even better a couple of weeks earlier
Photo0328.jpg

had to take this the beech tree was almost perfect in form and colour
Photo0331.jpg

What can I say, a more skilled photographer with a better camera.......but still
Photo0332.jpg

If it was only like this next week, but unfortunately flying pigs wouldn't keep still long enough to get a pic.

D

Deleted member 1258

Lovely photo's, the lake in the first one looks familiar.

Lovely photo's, the lake in the first one looks familiar.
Quite true I had a quick look for the one you were on but can't find it right now, bet Colin can, speaking of which.....
Very nice!

Roll on summer 2013 ...
By which time you will be a racing snake....or did I read something recently about you eating chocolate :whistle:, only allowed after hard physical exercise :training:.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
By which time you will be a racing snake....or did I read something recently about you eating chocolate :whistle:, only allowed after hard physical exercise :training:.
I know, I know, but I've generally been (pretty) good on the food front, reducing my overall intake in line with my minimal activity levels, and not a drop of alcohol has crossed my lips since early August. I do feel like a bit of a treat now and then though ...

I'm managing to hold my weight steady at about 14 st 10 lbs, down from well over 16 st when I got ill, but I don't think I will lose much more until I start getting some serious exercise!

Top Bottom