England : Rutland Sun 18th Nov

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Yes I think that too, but even on a geared bike I would call that a 3, I think Poacher is stronger than he thinks he is. I know for sure myself and dr_pink are not back to full strength or fitness yet and it showed yesterday. Unfortunately suffering a bit today with the crash injuries but would do it again in an instant. It was nice to get back as early as we did, I think just before 2.30 so no issues at all with daylight.
I'm surprised potsy hasn't mentioned the size of the cake portions, I suppose you had to be there.
Great standard of riding by everyone btw.

I hope you are not suffering to much today, my legs weren't too lively on the commute today and I've got a slight ache in the right thigh but it was a superb day and was worth the aches, I think you're right about Poacher, towards the end when my legs had started to fade a little he was still strong on the hills, the 2:30 finish was good, I got home before it was properly dark which made unloading the car a bit easier.

I hope you are not suffering to much today, my legs weren't too lively on the commute today and I've got a slight ache in the right thigh but it was a superb day and was worth the aches, I think you're right about Poacher, towards the end when my legs had started to fade a little he was still strong on the hills, the 2:30 finish was good, I got home before it was properly dark which made unloading the car a bit easier.
To be fair though though it does make a big difference being able to freewheel downhills, your little legs were rotating like a hummingbird's wings at times and if there is a climb straight after like the one at the end, it makes it a fair bit harder.
We will be expecting a Coventry canter sometime next year :smile:.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Assuming that I am fit and well and come down for a Rutland ride next summer, I intend to stay for a second weekend and do a century ride to the Cotswolds from Meriden, if you, dr_p and Dave fancy joining me for that? I already know the route because I'm pinching it from the Cotswold Challenge! We would have to get together to fit 2 consecutive weekends into dr_p's racing schedule but I'm flexible. (Actually, I'm not - I'm stiff as an old board, but my holidays are flexible! :thumbsup:)

D

Deleted member 1258

To be fair though though it does make a big difference being able to freewheel downhills, your little legs were rotating like a hummingbird's wings at times and if there is a climb straight after like the one at the end, it makes it a fair bit harder.

Very good, hummingbirds wings. ^_^
The max showing on my cycle computer was 30.6, which, according to the rabbit, was putting me between 150 and 160 rpm.

http://software.bareknucklebrigade.com/

Top Bottom