Sunburnt ears.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Does anyone else get this? It's only started the last few years, but at this time of year my ears get sunburnt, right now they are a glowing red and feel like they're on fire (and my ears are huge, so it's no laughing matter). I know it's because the skin is tender after the winter but I don't understand why it only relatively recently started happening. I've always spent most of my time outdoors throughout my life, so can't understand it.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yep. But im a red head so the slightest bit of sun. Sun lotion does the trick. Doesn't have to be loads.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Maybe this year will be different?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
This thread reminds me, my annual Easter sunburn is fast approaching....... At 50yrs old you would think I should have learned my lesson, but it always manages to catch me by surprise at, or just around Easter.
I have sensitive skin which burns easily but was thinking that it was a bit early in the year to be worried about it. I did a 6 hour ride on Saturday, with sunny conditions for the first couple of hours before the clouds and drizzle arrived, but even that limited exposure was enough to give me a red face.

I will use sunblock on my next long ride, which will be Saturday coming unless the forecast is bad.

Wear a hat or sun cream. Skin cancer of the ears is a real thing, and looking like a pound shop Van Gogh doesn't impress people.

Very true. There's a guy on channel 4's new series of Hunted that's lost an ear to skin cancer.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
And so the year turns. I've only just got used to looking out for wet leaves and bewaring motorists driving while unable to see due to low sun. Now I've got to start covering myself with gloop again.

I'll cling to long trousers and sleeves for a while yet.

Top Bottom