England : London Sunday London Ride for Food: 18 November

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nick Saddlesore

Über Member
Social pace, a bit faster than the themed rides. Out through suburban greenery to St Albans, then round to lunch at Potters Bar. About 40 miles, couple of spikes but otherwise rolling, with some gentle greenway.

Meet at Hyde Park Corner (by the Royal Artillery Memorial) at 9.30am, leaving as soon as the Horse Guards have passed (usually about 9:45am). There'll be a quick comfort break part way round, but it's best if you use the facilities in Hyde Park (you'll need 20p) before you rock up to the start.

Trains back to KGX from Potters Bar (or Hadley Wood for Free Oyster). Otherwise 12 miles straight back down A1000 to London

Weather dependent - I reserve the right to cancel if it's foul. But it's November, so cold expected.

Names please...

The small print, just as a reminder: This is not a formal ride under the auspices of any club. We will be just a bunch of friends on a ride together and my role will be simply to guide us on a route. As such, you will be riding under your own insurance.

Last edited:

rb58

Enigma
Yup.

AlexB

Veteran
Where's the starting point for this ride?

OP
OP
Nick Saddlesore

Nick Saddlesore

Über Member
Sorry, forgot that bit:
Meet at Hyde Park Corner (by the Royal Artillery Memorial) at 9.30am, leaving as soon as the Horse Guards have passed (usually about 9:45am). There'll be a quick comfort break part way round, but it's best if you use the facilities in Hyde Park (you'll need 20p) before you rock up to the start.

Weather and friend dependent for me.

Is anyone cycling back to NW London ish from there at all?

I dont mind if no one is, I will just ride till I get fed up and then catch an underground heading the right way!

Top Bottom