England : London Sunday London Ride: Ghost Signs Chapter 2: 5 May CANCELLED

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
This is a follow on to the ghost sign tour we did in 2015 which mainly toured some of the better ghost signs south of the river. This time, we head north - scary for some, comforting like a well worn saddle for others. But well worth it for some excellent pieces of history.

Subject to final recce, the route is around 19 miles, and will finish at the cafe in Russell Square. I expect us to be there around 1.30pm, give or take.

Meet at Hyde Park Corner (by the Royal Artillery Memorial) at 9.30am, leaving as soon as the Horse Guards have passed (usually about 9:45am). There'll be a quick comfort break part way round, but it's best if you use the facilities in Hyde Park (you'll need 20p) before you rock up to the start. Note there will be one short section (tens of metres) where we'll need to walk. Trust me though, it's worth it.

The small print, just as a reminder: This is not a formal ride under the auspices of any club. We will be just a bunch of friends on a ride together and my role will be simply to guide us round a route. As such, you will be riding under your own insurance.

Hands up if you're interested.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
But Charlotte has bagged the 5th may for her spring ride

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
Just giving this a little bump. Recce done. 19 miles it is, with some cracking signs along the way. We'll stop at a few - but not all of them - for some history.

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
I'm cancelling this ride as there doesn't seem to be much interest and I know a lot of people are away on the bank holiday weekend.

The next themed Sunday London Ride I'll be organising will visit some of London's more interesting street furniture. It'll be on 9 June and I'll start a thread on it a little nearer the time.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Currently in Hong Kong but I'll be back in time for the 5th should someone want to have a pootle around London anyway

I'm cancelling this ride as there doesn't seem to be much interest and I know a lot of people are away on the bank holiday weekend.

The next themed Sunday London Ride I'll be organising will visit some of London's more interesting street furniture. It'll be on 9 June and I'll start a thread on it a little nearer the time.
Sorry to hear this as it now seems I would be around for it.

Didn't post earlier as I have a fairly well-known issue with those "teaser" maybe, maybe not, depends how the partner/cat/palace invite is etc kind of posts.

Look forward to the ghostly ride being run in the future.

Top Bottom