England : London Sunday London Ride Goes Down the Pub: 21 October

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
S/s Brompton today. Another bike that’s been a little forgotten this year. Hope not too many hills.

jiberjaber

Veteran
upload_2018-10-21_15-52-23.png

Cracking ride and company! Many thanks Ross!

For those that managed to venture down the alleyway at Ye Old Mitre - you might have seen this blue plaque erected to commemorate one of our parties patronage of the establishment!

:biggrin:

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
Good to see everyone today for the last of my themed rides in 2018. About a dozen of us rode the 15 or so miles around some of the London pubs with an interesting history. To save you trying to remember, these are the pubs we visited. Some will definitely need to be re-visited and tried out.

The Grenadier, Belgravia
The Sherlock Holmes, Charing Cross
Ship and Shovell, Charing Cross
The Black Friar, Blackfriars
Doggett's, Southwark
Boot and Flogger, Southwark
The George Inn, Borough
Kings Arms, Southwark
Thomas A Beckett, Old Kent Road
The Mayflower. Rotherhithe
Dirty Dicks, Liverpool Street
Ye Old Mitre, Ely Place
Ye Old Cheshire Cheese, Fleet Street
Seven Stars, Lincoln's Inn.

The next themed ride I organise will be in March - details will be posted in the new year. However, don't forget @Nick Saddlesore is leading a longer Sunday London Ride to St Albans and Potters Bar on 18 November. And there's also the Fridays' Christmas Ride to look forward to. You'll be able to find details of that on the website when it is announced.

And keep an eye on this forum as on the second Sunday of the month between now and March, if the weather allows, there'll be regular (non-themed) Sunday London Ride.

Cheers.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Good to see everyone today for the last of my themed rides in 2018. About a dozen of us rode the 15 or so miles around some of the London pubs with an interesting history. To save you trying to remember, these are the pubs we visited. Some will definitely need to be re-visited and tried out.

The Grenadier, Belgravia
The Sherlock Holmes, Charing Cross
Ship and Shovell, Charing Cross
The Black Friar, Blackfriars
Doggett's, Southwark
Boot and Flogger, Southwark
The George Inn, Borough
Kings Arms, Southwark
Thomas A Beckett, Old Kent Road
The Mayflower. Rotherhithe
Dirty Dicks, Liverpool Street
Ye Old Mitre, Ely Place
Ye Old Cheshire Cheese, Fleet Street
Seven Stars, Lincoln's Inn.

The next themed ride I organise will be in March - details will be posted in the new year. However, don't forget @Nick Saddlesore is leading a longer Sunday London Ride to St Albans and Potters Bar on 18 November. And there's also the Fridays' Christmas Ride to look forward to. You'll be able to find details of that on the website when it is announced.

And keep an eye on this forum as on the second Sunday of the month between now and March, if the weather allows, there'll be regular (non-themed) Sunday London Ride.

Cheers.
There's a quite a few other ones for a re-run....

sagefly

Veteran
A great ride around London the SLR themed rides are a massive positive to the Calender. Thanks to Ross and everyone else who does the work organising them. Very much appreciated.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
There are 14 pubs on our route, however we've been to one of them on a previous ride, so I will be testing your memories with a little test when we get there.

I had a guess that it would be the pub with the coat of arms or similar from London Bridge in Southwark. If I got it right that's 1 point. Now I've seen your list I'll go for the Kings Arms for 2 points. If I've got this right I reckon you owe me a pint or something.

Thanks for another great ride Ross.

Good to meet the blue wonder again, even though he declined my company for the ride wot I started years ago as I'm too slow :smile:

@Salty seadog - re that coat of arms - don't know if anyone noticed but as we stood looking at it a small boy went past with his mum and pointed up at it with wonder. Observant imaginative soul. Candidate for a Ross ghost sign ride in about 15 years maybe.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Thanks for another great ride Ross.

Good to meet the blue wonder again, even though he declined my company for the ride wot I started years ago as I'm too slow :smile:

@Salty seadog - re that coat of arms - don't know if anyone noticed but as we stood looking at it a small boy went past with his mum and pointed up at it with wonder. Observant imaginative soul. Candidate for a Ross ghost sign ride in about 15 years maybe.
The little boy pointed to it and said ' mum, there's a unicorn'

Top Bottom