England : London Sunday London Ride: Streets and Alleys - 12 August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GM

Legendary Member
Very friendly for fixed. It’s London innit......

I shall be on fixed I expect - I might even get the Alcyon off the Man Cave wall for a run out if it’s guaranteed to be dry.

You don't mean this do you....:smile:

download.jpg

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
I'll be doing the final recce for this tomorrow morning. We may need to make it up a little as we go through the City as some of the long term road works at the north end of London Bridge are a little messy and they keep changing the route through them. The final route is 15 miles and we'll end up at the ViewTube cafe by the Olympic Park at around 1pm. After refreshments, people can make their way back to central London via CS2, or pedal down the Greenway and on to the Woolwich ferry, heading back into town on the south side of the river via Greenwich. I believe the Thames Path may finally be open all the way from Woolwich to Greenwich, although you'll need to check that if that's your intention.

We will set off from HPC as soon as the Horse Guards have passed. Don't forget, if you need to use the 'facilities', the ones in Hyde Park open at 7.30am, so please pay them a visit on your way to the start as the first stop is not likely to be for at least an hour. You may need 20p, but more often than not the gate is open.

If you’re not coming on Sunday, there’s no need to let me know as we will leave with whoever is there. However, if you are coming and get delayed, give me a call and we’ll either wait or rendevous somewhere along the route. PM me if you don't have my number.

See you on Sunday.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I believe the Thames Path may finally be open all the way from Woolwich to Greenwich, although you'll need to check that if that's your intention.
The Woolwich to the O2 part of the route is indeed open all the way. However, there is a closure (incompetently signposted by our ''considerate constructors'' ) coming into Greenwich - the easiest way (avoiding the gravelly bit) is to nip south immediately after the dome and use the cycle path alongside the entrance to the Blackwall tunnel and then follow the alternative Thames path route signs.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I think this is going to be the case for almost everybody :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Nah there'll be a turnout. I must admit I like the theme .

Top Bottom