England : London Sunday London Ride: Streets and Alleys - 12 August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trickedem

Guru
I am planning on being there. Weather doesn't seem too bad.

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
Weather forecast has improved. Now a chance of showers, but not heavy. Needless to say, if it’s raining we’ll meet under Wellington Arch not in front of the memorial. Until we get moved on by the horse guards that is.

jiberjaber

Veteran
I'm still planning to be there, but I might get the train in from Chelmsford rather than cycle / train from Shenfield to get an extra hour in bed ;) however the extra £11 sticks in my throat slightly!

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
Thanks to all those who turned out for the ride today. Despite the forecasts, the weather was good - dry and warm - and we arrived at our lunch destination about ten minutes ahead of schedule. For those that are interested, this was our route.

The stops were:

Rotten Row
Fitzroy Square
Man in Moon Passage
Seven Dials
Bleeding Heart Yard
Giltspur Street
Hanging Sword Alley
Wardrobe Place
Knightrider Street
Trump Street
Pudding Lane
Mincing Lane
Seething Lane
French Ordinary Court
Crutched Friars
Shoulder of Mutton Alley
Kitcat Terrace.

The next two themed Sunday London Rides are 'Oranges and Lemons' on 2 September and 'Death' on 21 October. There's also the slightly faster paced 'ride for food' to look out for - @Nick Saddlesore is leading the next one. 9the September for a late breakfast in Broxbourne.

Thanks rb for another great ride. I skipped off before the last two stops as we were heading north and business south of the river called. As you say the ride was essentially totally dry throughout. Maybe some folk stayed home and had localised storms :smile:

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Wow! That felt like a Fridays reunion (has Blue Hills done an FNRTTC ?) Ok so I got the days mixed up, I thought this was the Oranges and Lemons ride :laugh: anyways the Crutched Friars and the View Tube were my favourites along with the Fridays gang ( or was it the Sundays )

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
What a lovely ride that was, thank you @rb58, I do enjoy cycling in London on a quiet Sunday and seeing some of the hidden gems. Nice to see so many people out, and we didn't get more than a couple of spots of rain. Here are some of the gang at Trump Street, which apparently is a continuation of Russia Street ^_^.

View attachment 424127
Well, Russia Row, but no less astonishing....

sagefly

Veteran
Great day out, interesting as anything and superb company!

Thanks to all and especially Ross for the work and research putting the ride on.

Trickedem

Guru
Thanks for a great ride. Nice to catch up with you all. I was very lucky with the weather, less than 10 spots all day. Got home at 4.15 with 101 miles on the clock. I even had a bit of a tail wind back to StrodS

Lonestar

Veteran
Had this penciled in but alas work commitments took over.May be looking to turn up to one in the future.

I was particularly interested as it finished at Stratford and I've lost touch with Stratford a bit.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Thanks to all those who turned out for the ride today. Despite the forecasts, the weather was good - dry and warm - and we arrived at our lunch destination about ten minutes ahead of schedule. For those that are interested, this was our route.

The stops were:

Rotten Row
Fitzroy Square
Man in Moon Passage
Seven Dials
Bleeding Heart Yard
Giltspur Street
Hanging Sword Alley
Wardrobe Place
Knightrider Street
Trump Street
Pudding Lane
Mincing Lane
Seething Lane
French Ordinary Court
Crutched Friars
Shoulder of Mutton Alley
Kitcat Terrace.

The next two themed Sunday London Rides are 'Oranges and Lemons' on 2 September and 'Death' on 21 October. There's also the slightly faster paced 'ride for food' to look out for - @Nick Saddlesore is leading the next one. 9the September for a late breakfast in Broxbourne.
Well, well...stayed in hotels at a couple of those (Wardrobe Place and Seething Lane), drank in at least one (Crutched Friars) and eaten in another (Bleeding Heart Yard). I'll keep my eyes peeled for the others

Top Bottom