England : London Oranges and Lemons Say the Bells of The Sunday London Ride: 2 September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
A short, conversational-paced ride around central London during which we'll pass each of the Churches in the famous nursery rhyme - although we will use the earlier version of the rhyme which has more destinations in it. With a little bit of history thrown in.

Subject to recce, the route will be around 15 miles, and finishes at the cafe in Russell Square where decent food, cake and beer can be had. I expect us to be there around 1.00pm. Lycra optional.

Meet at Hyde Park Corner (by the Royal Artillery Memorial) at 9.30am, leaving as soon as the Horse Guards have passed (usually about 9:45am). There'll be a quick comfort break part way round.

Expressions of interest for 2 September please.

The small print, just as a reminder: This is not a formal ride under the auspices of any club. We will be just a bunch of friends on a ride together and my role will be simply to guide you round a route. As such, you will be riding under your own insurance.

wanda2010

Guru
I'm a possible, at the moment.

Nick Saddlesore

Über Member
my first audax the day
So see you at HPC.

Top tips:
If you haven't got a Garmin, dowload the routesheet, use it to follow the route on Ride with GPS so you understand it, then fix it to your stem (a bulldog clip zip-tied to stem), and follow it round the course.
Don't go off like a rocket, leave the speed for the last 50k
Don't waste time at controls.

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
The long range weather forecast is looking rather splendid for this. Expressions of interest so far from:

@wanda2010
@Blue Hills
@SteveF
@Gordon P
@Nick Saddlesore
@subaqua
@GM

We will set off from HPC as soon as the Horse Guards have passed. Don't forget, if you need to use the 'facilities', the ones in Hyde Park open at 7.30am, so please pay them a visit on your way to the start as the first stop is not likely to be for at least an hour. You may need 20p, but more often than not the gate is open (for the gentlemen - no idea about the ladies).

I am doing the final recce tomorrow, so will update after that. However, this is looking to be one of our shorter rides, so there will be plenty of cafe time at the end.

If you’re not coming on Sunday, there’s no need to let me know as we will leave with whoever is there. However, if you are coming and get delayed, give me a call and we’ll either wait or rendevous somewhere along the route. PM me if you don't have my number.

See you on Sunday.

Top Bottom