England : London Oranges and Lemons Say the Bells of The Sunday London Ride: 2 September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
Recce done. One minor change to the route due to building works closing roads. There may be a short section where we have to walk along the pavement due to hoardings, otherwise, we're good to go. Looking at the weather forecast, sunscreen may be required.

See you on Sunday.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Raises hand

Spoons47

A short, conversational-paced ride around central London during which we'll pass each of the Churches in the famous nursery rhyme - although we will use the earlier version of the rhyme which has more destinations in it. With a little bit of history thrown in.

Subject to recce, the route will be around 15 miles, and finishes at the cafe in Russell Square where decent food, cake and beer can be had. I expect us to be there around 1.00pm. Lycra optional.

Meet at Hyde Park Corner (by the Royal Artillery Memorial) at 9.30am, leaving as soon as the Horse Guards have passed (usually about 9:45am). There'll be a quick comfort break part way round.

Expressions of interest for 2 September please.

The small print, just as a reminder: This is not a formal ride under the auspices of any club. We will be just a bunch of friends on a ride together and my role will be simply to guide you round a route. As such, you will be riding under your own insurance.

I’m in, but I’m a newbie so please all go easy on me. ;)

wanda2010

Guru
I'll be there for the first hour as I need to be in Crystal Palace for 1130. Unless I can persuade my friend to reschedule brunch.:smile:

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
Final recce done. Three location filmings to negotiate and we may need to make it up as we go in The City due to crane operations and other digginguproadery. Otherwise, it's looking good. Here's a taster - answers on a postcard. Leaving at 9.45am sharp as we'll be racing the Horse Guards down Constitution Hill. However, at 13 miles, it's our shortest ride for some time, so there should be plenty of beer/cake/coffee time at the end. See you tomorrow.
IMG_7753.jpg

Top Bottom