Sunday London Ride: The tenth anniversary edition. 12th January 2020

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jiberjaber

Veteran
Potentially :smile: |(subject to the previous day's route check riding not wrecking me!)

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
Will come till Vic park if that’s ok.

what time is the start 930?
Good stuff Sam. Assemble at 9.30am as usual, leave once we've salted the horse guards. I'm going to suggest we head for the View Tube for refreshments via Hyde Park, Regent Park, The City and Victoria Park. From there people can either ride straight back into London or come on with me down the greenway to either the Woolwich ferry, the cable car or the Greenwich foot tunnel. We can decide all that on the day.

Weather forecast is looking very promising. For January.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Still considering joining you for once, but just for a change (!) the journey to the smoke is complicated by acts of replacement bus- fortunately only as far as Havant, rather than somewhere in the middle of the line that takes an hour's ride and probably means a missed train. The crack of dawn option involves getting on the road about half-six and twenty minutes waiting at Woking before eventually getting into Waterloo at 9.25. The (slightly) less painful but later alternative gets into Waterloo at 9.48. There are no fast/semi-fast services whatsoever, so they're all nearly two hours. As I'm sure you can appreciate, my enthusiasm is somewhat waning!

vickster

Legendary Member
Unfortunately, I've got tennis elbow in one arm and tendinitis in the other wrist...am taking a couple of days off the bike but will see how the sore bits fare riding on Friday / Saturday. I'd say I'm maybe 50/50 for this one at best now. Soz, shame given the good forecast.
I might try to come for a bit but don't really want to end up as far east as QEOP :blush:

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
The weather forecasts are for dry, sunny and warm (for January). What's not to like.....

jiberjaber

Veteran
Hmmm... not sure I am going to be able to make this now, just looked at train travel and it's now £30 to get in to London and back ON A SUNDAY!!! FFS crazy! If I am not too hammered from Saturdays riding I might ride to Shenfield and Oyster it in, problem is, that leaves me with a ride home after.... will see how it pans out on Sunday morning!

vickster

Legendary Member
Hmmm... not sure I am going to be able to make this now, just looked at train travel and it's now £30 to get in to London and back ON A SUNDAY!!! FFS crazy! If I am not too hammered from Saturdays riding I might ride to Shenfield and Oyster it in, problem is, that leaves me with a ride home after.... will see how it pans out on Sunday morning!
Network card, £30. Third off. Valid for a year

vickster

Legendary Member
I’m going to bail too. Sore joints and Just too tired to get up so early on a Sunday. Enjoy the ride :okay:

Top Bottom