England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
Weather looking 'acceptable' for Sunday. We could head off towards Greenwich and pass by the tank in Bermondsey for those that haven't seen it.

Last edited:

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
It could have been Tom Cruise on top of the Tate Modern, there was an helicopter involved.

Nice to see ILB,Tim and Ross I spent the day playing with my cleats

Last edited:

rb58

Enigma
Just four of us today - three Old Geezers and Young Andy. We saluted the guards then headed off towards Bermondsey.

We left Dave behind whilst he fiddled with his shiny new shoes, yet somehow he managed to teleport himself and end up in front of us along the Embankment. How does he do that?!

A quick comfort stop at Flat Iron Square the onwards to inspect the Russian tank just off The Old Kent road. From there we took the scenic route through Bermondsey to Deptford and on to Greenwich and the park where we stood alongside General Wolf to admire the view before settling in the cafe.

Lovely day for riding a bike. 45 miles all told for me.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Local knowledge, so Tim nice bike now you've got me thinking about disk brakes.

On the way home (it felt great to be able to clip in) going over Blackfriars bridge i spot 2 helicopters and some people standing on top of the Tate Modern then someone walks by and says Tom Cruise is jumping off buildings for Mission Impossible.

saoirse50

Veteran
I saw you all riding through Deptford. I was unloading Lewisham Cyclists cargotrike with all the kit for the Bike workshop we do at the Scout Hut in Childers St, just past Folkestone Gardens park. Just before 11 maybe. I waved and shouted hi.

rb58

Enigma
I saw you all riding through Deptford. I was unloading Lewisham Cyclists cargotrike with all the kit for the Bike workshop we do at the Scout Hut in Childers St, just past Folkestone Gardens park. Just before 11 maybe. I waved and shouted hi.
Funnily enough I do remember passing a cargo bike being attended to. We must have been super-speedy though as I didn't hear you call out. Sorry!

iLB

Hello there
Pretty stunning day for some easy breezy miles.

Good to see everyone. Big thanks to Tim for letting me trial the Pyrolite. The area around Wellington Arch made for a surprisingly good playground to test it, got fairly side ways at one point. Do you think it would take a front rack Tim?

Any one else with snaps ? @topcat1 ?

IMG_20180211_100516.jpg
IMG_20180211_105536.jpg
IMG_20180211_095323.jpg

Last edited:

Trickedem

Guru
Top Bottom