England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
For those interested, the plans for the themed Sunday London Rides I have been organising are as follows:

3 June: The Quite Interesting Sunday London Ride, an historical trivia tour.
8 July: Sunday London Ride: Dead Pop Stars Edition (led by @Nick Saddlesore)
12 August: Sunday London Ride Round The Streets and Alleyways, an exploration of some of London's more interesting and odd street names
2 September: Oranges and Lemons Says The Sunday London Ride, where we'll be passing each of the Churches in the famous rhyme, and one or two other nursery rhyme related stops too.
14 October: Murder and Death on the Sunday London Ride (led by @Trickedem)

As always, start is from Hyde Park Corner at 09:30am.

Look out for a thread with more details of each of these rides as they get closer.

Last edited:
As always, start is from Hyde Park Corner at 09:20am.

I thought it was 9.30 with a probably away about 9.45?

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Another Cycle Chat wedding congrats to ttcycle and T'drinker
IMG_20180707_164128472.jpg

Last edited:

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Most of my wedding pics are smudged but there are a load of great pics on Grace and Doms facebook page

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Myself, Tim, Ross and maybe Mark are heading to Brighton on Monday. Care to join us?
@rb58 I think is heading into London on Sunday to do a recce for a future SLR.

August Bank Holiday Monday in Brighton.

Watch out for the mods and rockers battling on the seafront.

rb58

Enigma
I've put together a programme of rides for 2019. They'll be a mix of gentle themed rides around central-ish London and longer, faster rides for food. Some of the themes for 2019 include ghost signs part 2; death; parks and gardens; street furniture; riots and revolutions; and ghosts. And we'll start the season with a treasure hunt organised by @Redlight on 10 March. Ride for food destinations will include Leigh-on-sea; Windsor; Rochester; High Roding; Handcross; Burnham on Crouch. I'll post all the dates etc. in the new year and each will have its own thread on CycleChat nearer the time.

However, that doesn't preclude us from getting together in January and February for regular non-themed rides and @topcat1 and I were talking yesterday about taking a trip on the new Woolwich ferry in January (new ferry is scheduled to come into service on 1 January). So, how about 13 January for a Fat Boys/Woowich/Greenwich outing?

And don't forget the Fridays Christmas Ride on 29th December.

Top Bottom