England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nick Saddlesore

Über Member
Calthorpe Arms between King's X & Condor. Young's pub, good and cheap meals. Function room upstairs if there's enough of us. Easy to get to if there's weather. Railings opposite to lock bikes, but u locks required.
As used by Central London CTC for AGM/Social.

I've noticed that in January 2020 it will be ten years (and 500 pages) since @ttcycle started this thread. We should mark the occasion - something involving bikes and a pub would be appropriate. Thoughts?
All for pubs and bikes.
(Have lead many a ride to such)
And good beer.
A quality spoons i think.
Some interesting ones in london
Old cinemas Holloway road and forest hill spring to mind, or denmark hill if weather good for the garden - it was good enough for liz taylor and richard burton one 60s sunday.
Good bike locking Holloway road and f hill, denmark hill can entwine folks round bikes in garden.

Last edited:

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
A nice stop at the View Tube for coffee yesterday then onto the ferry.
IMG_20190728_121252.jpg

rb58

Enigma
Dates for your diary:

Spooky Sunday London ride - 18 August (led by @rb58 )
Riots and revolutions London Ride - 22 September (led by @lilolee )
NEW. The Adventures of the Solitary Cyclist - a tribute to Sherlock Holmes - 27 October (led by @Trickedem )
Remembrance Sunday London Ride - 10 November (led by @Nick Saddlesore )

Specific threads will be started for each one as we get closer. There are already threads for the Spooky and Riots rides.

rb58

Enigma
The next social/themed Sunday London Ride is on 27 October. The Adventures of the Solitary Cyclist - a tribute to Sherlock Holmes.

This will be led by @Trickedem and will have its own thread shortly.

rb58

Enigma
Saw this review in the Observer today, and I thought someone might want to arrange a ride to this place....
https://www.theguardian.com/food/20...-meal-in-a-very-happy-place-restaurant-review
Looks like somewhere we should try for sure.

AlexB

Veteran
Does anyone fancy a ride to Ware, following the canals and off-road paths?
We'd actually end up in Welwyn Garden City for the train home, but "a ride to Ware" has a certain ring to it!

I've ridden this a couple of times and it's a nice route going through some interesting locations. Lots of celebration of London's industrial past.
We should probably start in the Olympic park, rather than at HPC.

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
When?
Presumably Nick-typical COR so OK on decent road tyres (or should we all give ourselves an early Christmas present of a gravel bike?)

Top Bottom