Sunday ride guilt: damned either way!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Scenario 1:

I get back from an early Sunday ride feeling good and hoping we can go out as a family. I suggest a trip out to the beach or for a walk or a short bike ride. The response?

"It's all very well coming bouncing in here like a Labrador all full of enthusiasm, what about all the cleaning and ironing and vacuuming? When are you going to think about your family instead of just yourself?

Scenario 2:

I get back from an early Sunday ride feeling tired but full of good intentions to spend the rest of the day catching up on chores, iron some work shirts, whizz round with the vac, tackle a couple of tasks like fixing the loose back step, make a cloche for the veg, clean some cat puke off the mat I threw out, unscrew the shower trap and remove the disgusting clump of long hair mixed with grease and soap scum. The response?

It's all very well going out on your bike and having fun then wanting to spend the rest of the day indoors. What about us? We like going out as well you know! You're just a bachelor with a family!"

bloody hell ..." i think your married to MY WIFE ":wacko:

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
The response?

"I've got far too much to do around the house! Anyway it's too cold/windy/hot/wet (delete as applicable) to go out and I don't want to spend the day on the M6 and Gti Junior won't be up until midday - or don't you know that? You're just a bachelor who happens to have a family!"

Scenario #4
Lie in until 9.45, wife wakes me with brekkie in bed - bacon sarnie in Ciabatta and egg sarnie in sliced bread along with a nice cuppa.
Kids come in with cards n presses.
I get dressed n we go bowling then off for Sunday Lunch.

Now too bloated to do anything strenuous so bathe the kids then an hour r two fitting my new front mech, chain n bar tape before setting up the gears. (may e tomorrow before its finished)

Robeh

it's fathers day done a ride in the morning,got back spent the day with my daughter and the grandchildren,wife and everyone's happy:wahhey:

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Phew, boy am Iucky and made the right choice <gulp> 33 years ago!!

D

Deleted member 1258

Scenario 1:

I get back from an early Sunday ride feeling good and hoping we can go out as a family. I suggest a trip out to the beach or for a walk or a short bike ride. The response?

"It's all very well coming bouncing in here like a Labrador all full of enthusiasm, what about all the cleaning and ironing and vacuuming? When are you going to think about your family instead of just yourself?

Scenario 2:

I get back from an early Sunday ride feeling tired but full of good intentions to spend the rest of the day catching up on chores, iron some work shirts, whizz round with the vac, tackle a couple of tasks like fixing the loose back step, make a cloche for the veg, clean some cat puke off the mat I threw out, unscrew the shower trap and remove the disgusting clump of long hair mixed with grease and soap scum. The response?

It's all very well going out on your bike and having fun then wanting to spend the rest of the day indoors. What about us? We like going out as well you know! You're just a bachelor with a family!"

I did most of the chores yesterday then went out this morning and spent the afternoon with the family.

This is the dilemma I seem to face most weekends. When we both bought bikes, I thought we could go out together (unlike canoeing, which was my major pastime for quite a few years, which resulted in my wife being left indoors whilst I went out to "play").
But now I seem to be the only one who wants to go, but I don't want to be the one to bugger off out for a few hours by myself and leave her indoors, indoors.....

Damned either way, as the OP said......

Top Bottom