Sunday ride guilt: damned either way!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dewi

Veteran
Stay out on the bike all day them no worries about the afternoon!

No ride today, I took wifey and son out for the day, to look at a new road bike I fancy :smile:

As pay back I was dragged around Ikea...

Berties

Fast and careful!
simple rules if you do you get into trouble,and if you don't do it you get into trouble and even if you can do it you do it to long,like nike say just do it,but I run my life by a rule if you admit you like something you get it all the time,:hyper:

jackm

Answer is simple, follow the Landrover motto....

One wife, leave it.

I think that's what it says!!

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Not an uncommon dilema. I try and get our early on so I can be back by 10 - 10:30 to keep all parties happy. Other than that I take the long route to and from work :bicycle:

If you're getting it in the neck either way you play it, then it's time for a Lance Armstrong quote:

"It's not about the bike".

Humankind will often allow anger, resentment, jealousy and disapproval to leech from the area that generates it into other areas of contact with the party deemed responsible for it.

You have probably done a bad, naughty thing in another area of your domestic life and the reaction to same manifests itself (in part) as the scenarios you describe.

One way or another, you are Donald Ducked.

Dan_h

Rule #11
// Family does not come first. The bike does.

Sean Kelly, being interviewed after the ’84 Amstel Gold Race, spots his wife leaning against his Citroën AX. He interrupts the interview to tell her to get off the paintwork, to which she shrugs, “In your life the car comes first, then the bike, then me.” Instinctively, he snaps back, “You got the order wrong. The bike comes first.”21

Bikerchick

It's the other way round in our house! Husband stays in and I go out for a ride. Sunday is best, he stays in bed till I get back then it's second breakfast in bed.

Either way, surely it's all about compromise. Best to each get to do your own thing and then you can enjoy your time together.

I don't think I'm really helping the girls out in this one!

Top Bottom