Sunglasses!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Andyrums

Andyrums

Regular
You guys are just being so kind trying to help me out with getting rid of them,but I must dissapoint you all as I have sent them back to where they came from :smile:

surfdude

Veteran
the glasses look fine mate its the mug under them i would change :laugh: .
i do think they look a bit big for you but if they are comfortable keep them and stuff others opinions

Garry A

Calibrating.....
I got a Lidl pair recently, 3 sets of lenses (diff cats), a strap to replace the legs and a nice zip case. Seem pretty good for £7

I guess I'm an Oakley guy

I have 2 pairs of Mumbos, that I'm still wearing after 20 years! (& a newer 3rd pair)
I know they were dear even back then, but both pairs were birthday presents

One pair is yellow lensed, for day-to-day commuting/general riding (the 'Heater'??)
Shallower pair have the 'purple iridium'(?) lens
Green framed pair, with the' orangey' lens (bought in error, could never get used to that colour)

I also have a pair of FrogSkins (first generation; translucent grey lframes/purple iridium lens), but I have no idea where they are:scratch:

I did have a pair of Eyeshades, still with original bag (clear & purple iridium lenses), that I sold to someone on 'Retro-Bike'

Then..:rolleyes:.. a pair of FastJackets?? (Black Iridium), that were bought for me, by my wife, for a 2013 family holiday in Florida
The trouble is, when combined with a 'Hilly' hat, they either make me look like a serial killer, or 'The Edge' (U2)

Miscellania. Oakley. Eyeshades.JPG 1376642_10201779335717390_1868197470_n.jpg P3221186.JPG

gavgav

Guru
I have a pair of those, with reactive lenses and they are brilliant, best ive ever had for cycling/walking. I wouldnt wear them for general fashion, but i didnt buy them for that! They are big enough to stop the bugs, etc getting into my eyes, they react well to different light conditions, they are light and comfortable and well ventilated so that they dont steam up

All you needed to do was put 2 - 3 stone on and your face would have filled them out perfectly :mrpig:

Happy to help ^_^

Globalti

Legendary Member
Two months ago I bought a pair of Shoptic sports glasses and got them glazed up with varifocals and photochromic.

The first model on this page: http://www.specs2u.co.uk/sports-glasses/

They were expensive but they really are excellent; comfortable, light, non-misting and the darkening is just perfect for all light conditions. Plus I can read my bike computer and a map. The lenses are actually mounted in a sub frame so the optician can glaze them in very strong prescription because the curvature isn't too great.

Ebay Fakeleys. About 12 quid for some five lens Radar lookalike s. They even have an oval logo that looks a bit like a far more expensive brand, a nice zipped case, and a sports strap and prescription insert. They go on your face and stop stuff hitting your eyes, and contrary to my initial misgivings, haven't yet set on fire or cut all our throats while we sleep.
These sort of things
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cycling-B..._SportsSunglasses_SM&var=&hash=item51bc28fdbd
I bought a pair off ebay as well, a nice fetching blue colour. All seemed well until I finished by ride, looked in the mirror and looked like Zorro!! All the blue colour had now stained my face and it was a right bugger to get off. They would work a treat as comedy glasses from poundland.

Top Bottom