Sunny Hertfordshire Ride 5 September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
If we can make it to Colchester from all over London for a ride, then Norwich to Colchester would be no problem..

Da Hells Bells speaka da sense...

colinr

I'm looking at the forum and can't see any of these rides you speak of! Colchester is easy, Beds/Herts is usually no problem too as I can combine it with a family visit.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Well there was a Colchester ride 2 weeks ago (Manningtree, rather) and one in May; we've also done a couple of others since May joint with YACF - one was listed as a Bromley Cyclists' ride. No new ones in the pipeline at the moment as I'm going away but I am sure there will be another one or two in due course.

Bottlemsher (on this forum) does regular rides from Norwich, I think one a month or every fortnight.

colinr

Having never ridden in a group larger than two, I'd like to try some rides before taking on that sort of responsibility. Norwich > Sheringham > Norwich was good but I'd need to actually work out the route and possible stops - it was quite 'dynamic' last time (I got lost).

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
There are some nice rides from Norwich of course - you could do the NCN1 down from Norwich to Southwold, then perhaps going back up the B1332 to Norwich? Something like this: www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=14530

That's perhaps a trifle far at 70 miles but is a rather nice route (apart from that really bumpy road coming out of Norwich along the river - although there's that good pub once you get back onto main roads).

colinr

That ride is going on the to-do list, thanks. 70 miles is pushing it for me but therein lies the challenge. I'll be quiet now I've dragged this way off topic :eek:

OP
OP
TheDoctor

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
No worries - there's threads on here that are so far off-topic they've formed thier own time zone...

This one's mainly got so many stops as a reaction against another I went on that went for aaaaaaaaaages before the first stop. I was parched. Not aided by a slight hangover IIRC.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Hello Doc, can you suggest a route back to London? Coz i just might ride back.:biggrin:

What's the station we'll be meeting you at?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Will probrably join you mate, let me look at the route I can then work something out and upload to my gps

topcat1 said:
Hello Doc, can you suggest a route back to London? Coz i just might ride back.:biggrin:

stevevw

Guru
topcat1 said:
Hello Doc, can you suggest a route back to London? Coz i just might ride back.:smile:

What side of London do you need to get back to? If West nice route through Essendon, Pottersbar, Finchley etc. or Brickendon, Cuffley.

PS only one station in Stevenage then a nice hill to go up to get to the Costello Cafe. If coming Via Hertford I could meet you at Watton at Stone station and guide you over to the start.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
stevevw said:
What side of London do you need to get back to? If West nice route through Essendon, Pottersbar, Finchley etc. or Brickendon, Cuffley.

PS only one station in Stevenage then a nice hill to go up to get to the Costello Cafe. If coming Via Hertford I could meet you at Watton at Stone station and guide you over to the start.

I'm at the oval so the route through essendon, potters bar sounds good.

Top Bottom