Sunny Hertfordshire Ride 5 September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blazed

220lb+
TheDoctor said:
I have just got in from doing a recce of some of the route, so here's the plan :-

Meet at Costellos Cafe, Fairlands Lakes, Six Hills Way, Stevenage SG2 0BK. There's free car parking by the cafe (limited) and also just as you come into Fairlands, on the left (lots).

The route

Costellos - Walkern - Halls Green - Weston - Clothall - Quickswood - Baldock (about 15 miles)

Stop at Baldock for tea, cakes, bacon rolls etc.

Baldock - Willian - Great Wymondly - Redcoats - St Ippollyts - Gosmore - Preston - Whitwell - Crouch green - Vanstones Garden Center. About 17 miles.

Stop at Vanstones for tea, cake, compost etc.

Vanstones - Nup End - Rableyheath - Woolmer Green - Datchworth Green - Bragbury End - Costellos. About 12 miles.

Total distance should be about 45 miles, give or take a bit. There will be options to add some in, or lose a few, depending on how we feel on the day. I'm intending to lead this at a not-too-fast pace, as it is a bit hilly undulating. There's a few lovely long downhills though ;)

I'm thinking of a 10:00 am meet. Anyone coming from London by train, best bet would be the 0922 from Kings Cross, arriving 09:45. I can meet that train and guide people up to Costellos.

*sits back, awaits responses*

Heh similar ride to i do all the time i live close to Ardeley which is like 3 miles from Walkern.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hi chaps, I am going to have to bow out of this. Just realised the 5th of Sept is our 11th Wedding anniversary, and can't imagine 'er indoors would be too please at me buggering of on a cycle all day.

OP
OP
TheDoctor

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
*bump*

Roll call so far would seem to be :-
Definately...

Sittingduck
Topcat1
RedflightUK
User1314

Maybe...

SteveVW
WobblyJohn
DJ notthegloveanymore
Trdr1nka

Anyone coming by train to Stevenage?

OP
OP
TheDoctor

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Righty-ho.
I need to know who's coming, who might be coming and so on. If It's just going to be three or four, I'll move it to a more convenient date for everyone.
And do the FNRttC the night before :biggrin:

stevevw

Guru
I am still a possible, I should be able to get everything ready for the holiday during the week so should get a pass for Saturday. I think FNRttC may be fully booked by now.

OP
OP
TheDoctor

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
OK, we'll stick with this Saturday then. 10:00 meet suit you both still?
And if anyone else is coming, that would be great!!!

OP
OP
TheDoctor

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
OK TC1, if you're coming from Kings Cross I'll catch you at Stevenage station and we can head up to the lakes together.

If you aim for the 0922 (IIRC) that'll get you here for 0946 or thereabouts.
Unless you can make the fast train before that, in which case we could set off a little earlier.

I'll PM everyone my mobile number later in the week, in case of last minute catastrophes. And we'll head back via /near Watton to drop SteveVW off. Save him a bit of time and potential ear-bending ;)

Top Bottom