Sunshine!

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by compo, 12 Jul 2012.

1. compo

compo Veteran

Wow, wall to wall sunshine out there. I wonder for how long. It was like this yesterday first thing but I still got totally soaked half way round my ride!

2. HovR

HovR Über Member

BBC claims the sun'll last until about 1PM over here, and it won't start raining until 4. :sun:

Same thing happened on my ride yesterday.. It was beautifully sunny, so I set out for a 30 miler. Reached the 15 mile point, at which point the beautiful sun turned into torrential rain which lasted for the last 15 miles. The roads were like cycling through one huge never ending puddle, with no guards.

My clothes/saddlebag/shoes/hydration pack still haven't dried out. :dry:

3. GetAGrip

GetAGrip A cycling abnormally

Have a good ride today all of you with promised good weather :sun:No really, I mean it!
    I don't want any of you to give us in the SW a thought about what's supposedly in store for us :sad:

4. Nearly there

Nearly there Über Member

The Sun is expected all day here :wahhey:Gonna have a good ride this morning then sit on my arse all afternoon watching the Tdf

5. Sandra6

Sandra6 Veteran

Typical, sun and I have to go to work.
    At best I might get the children out on their bikes after school.

6. numbnuts

numbnuts Legendary Member

It's cloudy here :sad:

7. defy-one

defy-one Guest

Wall to wall sun in south bucks. The mrs wants me to help her with some shopping,collect curtains????

ALL I WANNA DO IS RIDE!!!!!

8. derrick

derrick The Glue that binds us together.

Lovely here, first time of work for ages, but i can't ride:whistle:
    Going for a walk instead need to get out.

9. lejogger

lejogger Über Member

Glorious morning in the North West so I carbon'd it to work as a treat.

Enjoy it while it lasts!

10. glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist Charming but somewhat feckless

It's beautifully sunny here in Glasgow. I even took a longer, quieter route into work just to enjoy it all the more and got in late but who cares!

GC

11. Melonfish

Melonfish Evil Genius in training.

Giant yellow orb seen in sky, millions of Brits panic!

In related news my early spring tan has almost disappeared! i'm almost back to my usual milk bottle self...

12. Nihal

Nihal Veteran

<devices evil plan to get rid of the sun over UK,then goes and logs of the website to hide from critics,commenters and tomato throwers:evil:>

13. postman

postman Legendary Member

One day of sunshine then more soddin rain.So i have had to mow and edge three lawns and a load of heavy weeding.Knackered now.For what so it can grow allover again.

defy-one likes this.
  14. defy-one

defy-one Guest

Woke up to the sound of persistant rain .... This is really getting me down!!

15. Dragonwight

Dragonwight Guest

Wow i read that title and I was like where, where and there it was bright sunshine with eff**g rain as well!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice