Super excited (and a bit nervous), mini tour with the boy!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
WE DID IT!

Sooo proud of the boy. Weather was awful Saturday am so we waited and waited but it didn't ease. Boy still keen so I suggested we head off along the route and if it's awful we can turn around. I'm pretty sure he didn't even notice the rain! It was very windy but we made it half way to our lunch stop and finally the weather eased. Offered him our options, turn for home, get showered and dry then go to hotel by car (already booked/non refundable!) or we could carry on to the hotel as per the original plan but would def have to bike home the next day, whatever the weather. Didn't really need to ask, there was no doubt in his mind we were going by bike!

He did brilliantly, we live in a pretty quiet country area where there's not much in the way of road furniture but this weekend he's dealt with traffic lights, level crossings, roundabouts, priority lanes, pinch points, shared usage paths, cycle lanes, traffic islands and generally larger volumes and classes of traffic than he'd usually encounter - our final destination was a large coastal town. Then the same again on the way home but with the OH as well.

Couldn't be prouder with how he dealt with it all, the weather, the distance etc, he must be absolutely knackered - super chuffed with his new jersey though - thanks again for that idea!

Thank you all for your good wishes, we had a great time!
:notworthy:

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Brilliant. Love it when an 'over-protective Mum' (OK, just a little cautious, then) gets trumped by an adventurous kid! Great that he didn't let some bad weather get in the way of his dreams.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Yazzoo

Yazzoo

lol, thanks all, I am indeed the mum! I'm achey and tired today, he seems completely unaffected!

OP
OP
Yazzoo

Yazzoo

thanks @Cathryn it was so much fun despite the weather, he's still not stopped telling everyone about it - gotta plan the next one now! He wants to do 50/50 instead of 30/30 but I think that'll be for a few years time! Have you been on anymore?

OP
OP
Yazzoo

Yazzoo

Brilliant! Think we might wait till spring for another but he wants to go again soon, will try and dissuade him with enough cycle pub lunches!

Top Bottom